• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 on OS X 10.4

M

mroy

Anyone tried the installation of Plesk 8 on OS X? I tried yesterday on OS X Workstation 10.4.6 but never worked...

I first tried with an administrator account didn't went quite far... Then I figured I probably need to install it as root. So I retried in root access went a little further but still couldn't finish the installation...

So I'm wondering if anyone here was able to install it and made it work? If so could someone tell me what are the necessary steps to make it work.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm use to run it on Fedora and never had any installation problem but doesn't seem that simple on OS X with the autoinstaller...

Ok just saw on another post that I have to edit my hostconfig file to fix the problem. I'll try it right away and post any reply if it work...

Ok it does work when you edit the hosts file in /etc (not the hostconfig file)

I added a hostname ending with .local to my private static IP and it did launch the installation correctly...

Good luck getting anyone to help you. My experience thus far is that you're pretty much on your own.

Why SWsoft wasted resources on making an OSX port of Plesk is beyond me. Who in their right mind would even want to run Plesk on OSX?

Originally posted by guriboy
Good luck getting anyone to help you. My experience thus far is that you're pretty much on your own.

Well if you have a public IP with reverse lookup working you won't have a problem installing it. My problem is that I wanted to test it on an internal private network so there's no reverse lookup setup by default. After adding one in the hosts file manually it did work fine and now everything is working as expected...

Originally posted by wettoast
Why SWsoft wasted resources on making an OSX port of Plesk is beyond me. Who in their right mind would even want to run Plesk on OSX?

Because there's maybe a lot of Mac OS X users (like myself) who requested it don't you think? If they made a Windows version I don't see why they shouldn't make it for OS X. Since OS X is based on FreeBSD it was probably a lot easier then making it for Windows...

Originally posted by mroy
Because there's maybe a lot of Mac OS X users (like myself) who requested it don't you think? If they made a Windows version I don't see why they shouldn't make it for OS X. Since OS X is based on FreeBSD it was probably a lot easier then making it for Windows...

How many real life production Mac servers do you know of? Vs. Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.

Originally posted by wettoast
How many real life production Mac servers do you know of? Vs. Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.

You could be surprise how fast it's growing. Now that Apple is using Intel processors in it's computer and since OS X is a lot more stable then Windows ever was, you could be surprise to see how many people are switching from Windows based servers to OS X servers... Oh and by the way it's a lot cheaper then you might think...

You could be surprise how fast it's growing. Now that Apple is using Intel processors in it's computer and since OS X is a lot more stable then Windows ever was, you could be surprise to see how many people are switching from Windows based servers to OS X servers... Oh and by the way it's a lot cheaper then you might think...

What im trying to say is that the time used to develop this port, would have been better spent addressing the many issues that Plesk 8 has.

Well if you have a public IP with reverse lookup working you won't have a problem installing it. My problem is that I wanted to test it on an internal private network so there's no reverse lookup setup by default. After adding one in the hosts file manually it did work fine and now everything is working as expected...
Thanks for the tip on that one. I'll give it a try.

Hi, i'm really novice with installation of plesk, i use plesk normally in a fedora linux, but all is installed and all works fine.

I would like to install the new plesk (actually the demo) in a Mac OS X.4 but i don't know how to do.

I have download the 2 files of this page for mac, but i don't know how to use them...

download demo of plesk

Someone can help me ?

Back