• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 + ThePlanet

C

chillax

Three words....Don't Do It.

Turns out that ThePlanet is not going to upgrade keys until they finish testing it, which as I was told this evening could be expected in no less than 30 days.

Always nice to get a heads up from a company before you invest time in upgrading and correcting all the issues as reported in various threads of this forum. Oh wait, I got no such notice. Thanks Planet.

Now to go about the task of downgrading back to 7.5.4. Good times. Just how I wanted to spend my weekend.

You do not need ThePlanet to give you a key, the key updater in the panel should upgrade your key for you. If not send the current key to [email protected] and if your key has a valid sus they will send you your new one.

DCoats,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried to upgrade from the control panel but here is what it says:

Key Update Status
Server response: Software Update Service (SUS) is not found for the given license key. Automatic upgrade is not possible

I have emailed a copy of my old key to the address you provided and will follow-up here if that is successful.

I also tried renaming the default single account generic key that Plesk created and moving my saved, old key back to the psa.key file to try accessing/upating through the control panel but it did not appear to even recognize it and still showed my key number as plsk.00000000.0000

There is not something else that I should try to get my old key to auto update is there?

No just send your original 7.5.4 key to them and if it is valid they will update it for you.

DCoats,

No luck. Here is the response I got from SW Soft:

"Please contact your provider for assistance."

So it would seem that I do need The Planet to get my key upgraded.

I would just like to offer some praise to SW Soft support. Despite the fact that I have a license provided through a reseller. When The Planet dropped the ball on providing me support for an upgraded license, SW Soft came through with a temporary upgraded license. This will give me time to work through the matter with The Planet while having a functioning control panel again. They went above and beyond to provide me support when it should honestly fall on The Planet to do so.

Thanks again SW Soft Support.

Back