1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 9 Support

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 General Discussion' started by resellertr, Dec 14, 2008.

1. resellertr

resellertr Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hi,

When will expand support plesk 9 ( both windows and linux ) ?

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    Since Expand-2.3.3

3. resellertr

57%
    Hi Denis,

Released Expand version is 2.3.2 when will 2.3.3 be released?

Thanks

4. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    I expect it should be in Q2 2009.

5. resellertr

57%
    Hi Denis,

About 6 months???? Are you sure? It is so late for us.

6. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    Expand 2.3.2 work with Plesk 9 with some capability issues. The main problem is unclear logins/logouts from Plesk panels to remote Centralized Mail servers using 'Remote Mail' button. I expect that this problem will be fixed in nearest versions of Plesk 9.x.x.

7. John Kiniston

John Kiniston Basic Pleskian

Denis, Is there a full list of issues with Plesk 9 and Expand 2.3.2 somewhere?

What do you mean by unclear logins/logouts, Is it not obvious or does it not work?

8. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    1. Expand does not disable access to local mail settings for Plesk 9 server assigned to Centralized Mail. You need to disable access manually.
    2. Users log in to remote Centralized Mail server from Plesk 9 can return back to home page only.
    3. Users log in to remote Plesk 9 Centralized Mail server have access to all pages.
    4. Plesk 8 Centralized Mail server does not display icons in left frame however it will possibly be fixed manually.
    5. Using oversell/overuse limit` policies can break synchronization in Centralized Mail.
    6. Domains owned by 'admin' user do not propagate to Centralized Mail servers.
    7. Centralized backup work correctly however all backup processes finish with errors.
    8. You can not manage clients owned by resellers from Expand.
    9. Plesk 9 does not support migration.

9. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    This is the most unfair and inept explanation ever. Parallels sold us on the notion of "centralized" management but we have to wait 6 month before we can use the latest version of Plesk, which by then will be out-dated.

Just because we chose to use Plesk Expand it doesn't mean that we should wait so long. It puts us behind the curve and it certainly does not make our services (using expand) competitive. For crying out loud get your act together and come up with a better development process that includes updates across all Plesk related products, not just one!

10. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
    I have been an Expand user for over 5 years now (since 1.1 version) and have continually had issues with expand support of new plesk releases. I even had to rewrite some of the Modernbill Expand API because noone at ModernBill or at SW-Soft would spare the time to make Expand work.

You get used to it I guess...

11. bluenen

bluenen Guest

It is not often that one comes across a company with the size of Parelells yet the mentality of a minor one man show. How on earth can an update of this magnatude be released to the masses when it was CLEAR that it would BREAK existing installs of centralized setups such as Expand/CMail.

I find it totally unacceptable that we are PAYING (either via lease or yearly SUS) for a product that now DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED. 6 Months is NOT a reasonable timeframe either to fix what should never have been allowed to be realesed as a non-beta in the first place. I would suggest that with immidiate effect your developers release an interm patch at the very least to fix the issue concerning the compatability with your OWN product range!

12. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    Agreed. False advertising with Parallels billing and Expand compatibility.

13. CSN-Carl

CSN-Carl Regular Pleskian

57%
    I'd give it at least another year before we even start to look at Plesk 9 properly...

We use WHMCS with Plesk Expand and it works great.

14. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    Strange I didn't see expand support in WHMCS but I wasn't looking hard enough. How is the migration from Parallels billing to WHMCS?

I have a lot to gripe about Billing...

15. CSN-Carl

CSN-Carl Regular Pleskian

57%
    It isn't included as standard, we paid for a custom module. PM me your email and I'll send it over.

We moved from ClientExec to WHMCS and it all worked fine using the migration scripts produced via WHMCS (which they also have available for ModernBill/Plesk billing).