1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk and execution of a cgi script

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by abacab, Apr 10, 2006.

1. abacab

abacab Guest

Hi There,
    When I try execting a cgi scipt from plesk's default cgi-bin I get the following error message

[2006-04-10 15:14:07]: uid: (10002/adminhbr) gid: (10001/10001) cmd: asetup393.cgi
    [2006-04-10 15:14:07]: cannot get docroot information (/var/www/vhosts)

needless to say the script fails, now before I installed plesk it all worked fine..

Any pointers would be much appreciated

2. dirty@

dirty@ Guest

try to copy /usr/local/psa/suexec/psa-suexec to /usr/sbin/suexec, permissions should be -r-s--x--- root:apache

3. abacab

abacab Guest

Hi Dirty,

Thanks for posting did what you said this morning and unfortunatly no joy, looking at /usr/sbin plesk seems to have moved the original suexec out of the way
    see below
    suexec.saved_by_psa.

Now I only realised last night that this version is not Plesk 8 but

psa v7.5.4_build75060118.18 os_RedHat el4

I have a feeling that this may make a difference

Steve

4. abacab

abacab Guest

Hi Dirty,

Problem resolved... It turned ot that cgi-bin was owned by apache instead of adminhbr: psacln chowned these and all appears fine and installed the cgi script..

Many thanks for your time

Steve