• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK and SharePoint Services

P

Perigryne

I have PLESK, Virtuozzo, Cold Fusion, MySQL, MSSQL... and 40 clients using these systems on a Windows 2003 Server.

I now have the need to install SharePoint Services for ONE new client. Is there any way that I can do that without killing the server or the rest of my clients sites?

ARRGH!

You can not control SharePoint within Plesk, that's to my knowledge.

--don't need to run it through PLESK, just along side of it as a separately managed package.

The concern is:

I have existing clients on my PLESK install, and require a new client on the server under the Sharepoint install. I can't have Sharepoint wipe out my existing established PLESK clientelle.

If it won't, and Sharepoint maintains a completely independent control set and will not interfere with the PLESK clients I already have, and allow me to independently manage the new client and anyone else looking to have sharepoint services, then I'm good to go. I'm just not about to take an uninformed risk without asking the experts.

Installing SP should do no harm to your existing plesk accounts.
I did it a while ago and nothing happened, everything worked just as I wanted to.

Henryk

Back