• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk API

D

Dimitry

Hello,
Can someone give me XML example how to associate Domain Template with created Domain?

Sorry, solution found.

Would you care to post the solution so that others may find out what it was?

<packet version="1.4.1.0">
<domain>
<add>
<gen_setup>
<name>www.mydomain.com</name>
<client_id>%ID OF CLIENT%</client_id>
<htype>vrt_hst</htype>
<ip_address>1.1.1.1</ip_address>
<status>16</status>
</gen_setup>
<hosting>
<vrt_hst>
<ftp_login>ftpuser123</ftp_login>
<ftp_password>123456</ftp_password>
<ip_address>1.1.1.1</ip_address>
</vrt_hst>
</hosting>
<user>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<password>PASSWORD</password>
<pname>PNAME</pname>
<email>EMAIL</email>
<multiply_login>false</multiply_login>
<cname/>
<phone/>
<fax/>
<address/>
<city/>
<state/>
<pcode/>
<country/>
</user>
<template-name>SMSHostingTemplate</template-name>
</add>
</domain>
</packet>

And also not template_id but template-id

There are some mistakes in Plesk documentation... hate this!

Error when using example

Dimitry,

Thank you for the example. Unfortunately I received the same error as I've been getting all day:

Unable to update hosting preferences. hosting update failed: cObject->update() failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value: 'fp_adm' = , 'fp_pass' = . Incorrect fields: "fp_adm","fp_pass".

It sounds like plesk is saying incorrect field names are being passed in: fp_adm and fp_pass, but I'm not even passing them in and I don't see these field names specified in the documentation. Any ideas? Also, were you able to successfully apply a domain template?
Thank you

Solution

It was a misconfiguration with the domain template that was specified in plesk. "Frontpage Support" was checked, but "Frontpage Authoring" was disabled. Enable or disable both.

Back