• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Error

resellertr

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I setup Scheduled backup job for our plesk server.

Backup utility sends me result

"
Backup error.
The file exists.
"

I checked there is no file on backup folder. I tried to changing backup file name and folder many times, bu still same error.

Same problem here, already set the backup not to overwrite the file but place a new.
When doing a manual backup local on the disk --> no problem.

Still waiting for a fix.

It is impossible to understand what is the problem reason by the description above.
It would be good to obtain more information. For instance, an error message from backup log.

You may find backup log in the directory %plesk_dir%\PrivateTemp\PSABackupLogs\<backup_dir>
where <backup_dir> is formed as the date and the start time of operation in the format yyyymmdd.hh

Skip exception [psabackup.SilentException: Unable to clean mail content saver ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'MailMigrator.xml' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at psabackup.MailContentSaver.Clean()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---]

This problem has been solved for I while now, it was because of too poor I/O performance for the backup on that particular server.
The server received a lot of spam, and the virusscanner took to much I/O performance because of that.

Regards,

Nick
Prioserve Webhosting

Back