1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Backup not removing old files

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by pilotben, May 9, 2006.

1. pilotben

pilotben Guest

Hi

I have setup the Plesk (7.5.4) Backup to backup each domain (80+) to an ftp server. I have set "Maximum number of stored backup files" to 3. The documentation states that once there are three backups it will start to overwrite the older ones. This does not happen and it just keeps on creating new backups. As you can imagine this is filling up my ftp storage pretty quickly. Any ideas?

2. jspilon

jspilon Guest

I think this feature is only working when you do a local backup

but make sure that its not a permission issue, you may want to review your ftp's log for denied deletes ;)

3. pilotben

pilotben Guest

Thanks for that.

It does seem to be a bit of a shortcoming of the Plesk system as it somewhat reduces the usefulness of using an ftp server.

Ho hum....

4. jspilon

jspilon Guest

i saw some ftp servers that allows you to run an after upload script ( ie... scan for viruses ... ) you could do this to delete files older than x, when a new file is uploaded...