• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup not removing old files

P

pilotben

Hi

I have setup the Plesk (7.5.4) Backup to backup each domain (80+) to an ftp server. I have set "Maximum number of stored backup files" to 3. The documentation states that once there are three backups it will start to overwrite the older ones. This does not happen and it just keeps on creating new backups. As you can imagine this is filling up my ftp storage pretty quickly. Any ideas?

I think this feature is only working when you do a local backup

but make sure that its not a permission issue, you may want to review your ftp's log for denied deletes ;)

Thanks for that.

It does seem to be a bit of a shortcoming of the Plesk system as it somewhat reduces the usefulness of using an ftp server.

Ho hum....

Originally posted by pilotben
Thanks for that.

It does seem to be a bit of a shortcoming of the Plesk system as it somewhat reduces the usefulness of using an ftp server.

Ho hum....

i saw some ftp servers that allows you to run an after upload script ( ie... scan for viruses ... ) you could do this to delete files older than x, when a new file is uploaded...

Back