• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Question

T

troymc

Is there a way to skip a directory when doing a complete backup using the pleskbackup command. I have a site that wants to have like 15GB worth of pdfs on their site, but there is no reason for me to back them up every night. If something happens, I will just reupload them. Thanks.

OK, well I don't think there is a way to skip a directory. Does anyone know if you can use the --exclude switch to exclude a subdomain? That way I could just have all pdfs on a subdomain and exclude that from being backed up. The help only states that you can exclude domains or clients, but doesn't mention subdomains so I don't think this is possible.

I think if you are trying to do a full backup then you get just that - a full backup.

There is a way to exclude, run this and read the help
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --help

I have read that. That was my question. It seems the only way to exclude a subdomain is to create it as a domain (taking up 1 out of 100 for me) and then excluding that. I don't think I can exclude it if it is created within the domain as an actual subdomain. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That may be true if you cant use it for directories. A work arround for that would be to add the sub domain to plesk as a full and new domain in plesk so that it gets treated as its own domain name. Then you would be able to exclude by (sub)domain

Back