• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Plesk backups default settings?

Dave W

Regular Pleskian
Greets!
Just spotted on some of our newer plesk servers (that were using alot of disk space) that plesk server-wide backups seems to be running by default. These are the backups configured from Toos&Settings >> Backup Manager. Is this normal behavior?
Dave_W

I think I remember that on my last new Obsidian installation the backup plan was not only configured and activate, but a backup was actually created right away, too. So probably, yes, that seems to be the default behavior.

Hey Peter,
Thanks for confirming. This caused an issue on one of our servers. Plesk could not update due to lack of disk space. I don't think having this enabled by default is a good idea. Backups should be config'd by the admin. No doubt we'll have to vote on it........... :mad:
Dave

Back