• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk CP Compatible Operating Systems & Advantages?

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I've been browsing around on the Plesk web site trying to find the page that listed what
Windows Operating Systems Plesk CP was compatible with and their advantages and disadvantages.

I was going to install Plesk CP on Windows Server 2008 Web Edition, but noticed that the 2008 Server Web Edition didn't have a DNS server incorporated. I know Plesk comes pre-packaged with BIND but I always liked to have
Windows DNS control everything. It seems if you keep with one mfg, such as MS, all the software 'talks'
to each other better.

Does anyone know if there are any advantages and what the disadvantages are of installing Plesk CP or even Sitebuilder on the different Windows OS platforms?

Thanks!

thank you for your response.
I understand that these are included in the Plesk manual but I should have refined my question.
... are their advantages of installing Plesk on any of these Window Server editions?
I do not want to install Plesk on Windows Server that will not utilize all the Server functions.
For example, Plesk has its own DNS server module 'Bind'. I like the Windows DNS server better but do not know if
using the Windows Server Web Edition will allow me to use Windows DNS. Thats a bad example I guess because I don't think Windows Web Edition has a DNS server built in. I'm not sure.
I was hoping that SwSoft/Parallels would have a comparison sheet or something that gave more info on this.

If you-Parallels has a white sheet or comparison sheet on OS and Advantages/Disadvantages of different MS Server Editions please let me know.
Thanks

Back