• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Cron doesn't work with 8.01

R

Rouanou

Hello,

Since i have updated to 8.01, Cron doesn't work.

Is there anyone with this pb too ???

No Cron here

we have no Cron working since upgrading to 8.0.1 - also Lynx is screwy. I can run Cron from the root via SSH so the problem is in the Plesk interface (as usual). Does anyone from Plesk actually look at these forms or are they all off drinking vodka somehere in Siberia? I see lots of bugs posted in the forums, but NEVER a response from plesk.

The forums are the user support forums, not the Plesk come and help you forums. If you want Plesk support, they require that you pay them for it. That's why they set up the user support forums. Here, you post your problem, and hopefully someone else has already gone through it, found the fix (or paid for it), and is willing to help you out.

Unfortunately, I haven't run into this. I do my cron work from webmin or console, instead of through Plesk, so I don't have the experience of running into this particular problem. However, I am still working on a few other issues that Plesk is having, that I'm trying to work out, or get worked out, to get some things fixed for me, and some others, so that everything works right...

I know there is paid support - have used it on numerous occassions.

My point is that I'm seeing a common thread of problems which seem to be hitting a lot of people, which means that there may be a bug in the upgrade, but I have never seen anyone from Plesk address these problems in the forum, even if it is just a link to a bug fix on their support site. Some of those areas include qmail, firewall and DrWeb. :cool:

Fixed Cron Problem

Almost forgot. I fixed the Cron problem by running:
# crontab -e
(rebuild the cron assignments)
then I restarted cron:
# /etc/init.d/crond restart

Cron is again up and running.

Did you check to see if cron was even running properly in the first place? I haven't had this problem, nor have any of my users. Generally I prefer to do my cron work from the CLI, but users w/o shell who want to setup their own cron don't have this luxury. if you don't have a lot of users I would just manage this for them, if you have a lot, well then the plesk interface to cron is nice.

J

Back