• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk deletes the SMTP Debug Logs

M

Mike Corney

How can I stop Plesk deleting the SMTP Debug Logs? I'm assuming it's the Schedule task. I want to look at the old logs with the ME Log Analyser.

Thanks for the response, actually I had seen this article.

I want to keep the SMTP debug logs in their original location, as that is where the ME Log Analyser tool picks them up from.

Then I would address the question to MailEnable - asking them to provide a feature within the LogAnalyzer to use a different directory as the debug log source. They'll probably be receptive to it.

Got this response from ME, 'There is no way of changing the path where the log analyser searches for log files. It uses the MailEnable registry to determine the logging folder path.'

All I want is the Statistics program to not purge these SMTP log files.

Made some tests

Hello,

I am a new member so I found this topic via google. I know this discussion is a bit old but the problem still alive I guess.

I have the same problem on one of my two servers with plesk and mailenable installed. Strange that the other server has no such a problem, statistics or plesk doesn't purge log files at all. Everything is in place.

The differences between these two servers are the mailenable and plesk versions;

mailenable 5.03 + Plesk 9.5.2 --> doesn't purge any logs
mailenable 5.1 + Plesk 9.5.5 --> purges log files

I made some tests;

I copied statistics.exe and siteappstatistics.dll from plesk 9.5.2 (not purging) to 9.5.5 (purging) and run the script. No help, logs are purged.

I copied dailymaintenance folder which includes all the scripts from plesk 9.5.2 (not purging) to 9.5.5 (purging) and run the script. No help, logs are purged.

As you can see, whatever I do, logs are purged on plesk 9.5.5.

I believe this is nothing to with the plesk or mailenable. There is another trick and setting somewhere but I am stuck, cannot find it.

Currently I set the registry keys as adviced somewhere and after scripts are finished plesk moves the logs to a backup folder. Not the best but at least I can save my logs.

I would be appreciated if anyone could find the trick to stop the plesk purging logs already and let me know.

Back