• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk doesn't seem to send mail.

freaky@

Regular Pleskian
Tried searching for this, but the search seems broken?...

Anyways, since we updated to 8.2 plesk no longer sends mail (plesk itself that is, sending through websites, my own scripts etc goes fine). For example, we and our customers no longer get mail from domain creations, reports, etc. Don't see anything in the /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog so it seems it's not send in the first place.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Hello,

Make sure qmail is running on this server:
/etc/init.d/qmail status

Try using the following command to send mail from server and check logs:
echo test | mail -s subject <mail address> ; tailf -fn0 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

at least message of starting new message should appear in logs.

Thanks for the re'.

As stated, e-mail works fine (and qmail is running). Plesk (the management thing) just doesn't send any. On events, like customers creation, domain creation etc it's supposed to send an email but it doesn't, so it's probably somewhere in plesk itself that it goes wrong.

No clue on where to look. Any suggestions?

Hi

Check log file /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog, there should be any error messages which could
give you a hint. Also use the swsoft knowlegebase article to get to know the meaning of each error:
http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1398

Hi Monica,

thanks for the re, but as I already stated there's nothing in the maillog concerning this mail. It doesn't appear to be send / placed in the queue, or the process that is supposed to place it in the queue has issues. There's tons of logging in the maillog, as all other applications (websites, cronjobs, my own scripts, etc) are able to send mail just fine. _Only_ plesk itself isn't.

Also running something like

sendmail [email protected]
Subject: testing
bla
bla
<Ctrl+D>

works fine

TIA

Back