1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Expand 2.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by Sergey L, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    I'd like to make a semi-formal announce of the availability of Plesk Expand 2.1 Beta.

Top Features

* Client/Domain Migrations - This version of the software gives service providers the ability to move a client or domain account from one Plesk server to another.
    * Domain Aliases - Now, Plesk Domain Aliases can be centrally managed. Service providers can use a Centralized DNS solution to manage Domain Aliases.
    * Wider OS Support - New OS support is available:
    - Fedora Core 4 (SELinux mode is also supported)
    - CentOS 4
    - Redhat Enterprise Linux 4

Additional Features

* VZ Templates - Now, Plesk Expand has VZ template distribution which includes easy installation in Virtuozzo nodes.
    * Single Startup Script - In this release, service providers will be able to more easily control Plesk Expand on daemons, Apache and MySQL with new /etc/init.d/expand script, which is able to start all required processes/daemons automatically.

See http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/expand21/beta/new/ for more details.

Probably some of you would like to try the new version and preview Migrations and Domain Aliases features.

But pay attention that the Beta is not for production use.
    Please read release notes attentively (http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Expand/2.1.0-Beta1/doc/expand-release-notes.txt)
    prior to installing the Beta.

Development team will highly appreciate any feedback:
    http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/expand21/beta/feedback/
    And even if you did not tried the Beta, you are welcome to fill the feedback form. We are interested in opinion of each Plesk Expand user. Together we can make it better.

2. jovana

jovana Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hi, I have play around with the expand 2.1.
    I have a few questions about the new release:
    1) is it possible to move domains between plesk clients (Windows --> Linux and the other way)?

2) It should bee very nice if a Plesk reseller can create Plesk clients and add hosting or domains to a client. Now you can not set permissions and limits on a Expand reseller.

3) login to the Cmail server directly from Expand (like login to normal plesk servers)

Now I have expand 2.0.1 running in production, is there a easy way to upgrade to Plesk Expand 2.1?

I hope you can do something with this information.

3. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Unfortunately, no. Crossplatform migrations are not available in Plesk yet.

Current resellers implementation has quite limited abilities. In next versions we are going to extend them - so your requirement will be satisfied.

We will add this capability.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We highly appreciate it.