1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Expand Not Creating Mail Domain

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by InterVelocity, Feb 25, 2006.

1. InterVelocity

InterVelocity Guest

Hey Gang,

Got an interesting one:

3 Servers: 1 Expand, 2 Plesk.

One Plesk is for webs only, the other is the special "email only" license.

Everything was setup in expand and working great, then for some reason it just stopped working a few days ago.

When I say stopped working, I mean I go to create a new client or domain in Expand, and it provisions fine on the Plesk Web server, but not the separate Plesk Mail Only server. We found this out by clicking the Remote Mail button, and got an error message. You log directly into the mail server admin interface, and the domain you created in Expand is not there.

Troubleshot to the best of our knowledge, and it seems to be a communications issue, but not sure from which side.

Thoughts?

Rob

2. back

back Guest

I'd open a supoprt ticket because it could be one of many things.

If you tail the /usr/local/expand/var/log/transport.log on the Expand server, it usually has a few clues about what's going wrong.

I'd say there's a dodgy domain "stuck" in the action queue and things are being held up waiting for that to clear. Have a look at the exp_mail_queue table in the Expand database, it should be empty unless a domain is being added.

3. InterVelocity

InterVelocity Guest

Back, thanks for the reply.

We backed up and cleared the exp_mail_queue table, and that seems to have done the trick.

I did notice that every single domain that had been created via Expand was in this table. With us clearing it out, this should cause any issues down the road, should it? Say like if we try to delete one of these domains?

Again, thanks for the help.