1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Expand

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by dnash, Jul 21, 2004.

1. dnash

dnash Guest

Hi

Sorry its a newbie asking questions....

I've been tasked with looking into Plesk Expand and seeing if we can use it to automate our administration tasks - eg domain registration, hosting set up etc.

I've read the integration document and can see from the Action log in the GUI the kind of information that is passed around using XML packets.I've tried to use the online demo; i.e. trying to post XML to the webgate.php file without success.

* Anyone had any success of posting and receiving XML using the demo site?

* Can we use a third party registration company rather than being tied in with Plesks registration method? (I assume that it works in a similar fashion to registering SSL certificates through Plesk)

* Can we use our own web front end to order domains for non customers, ie those without a plesk account?

* Is Expand only suitable for Plesk 7 servers (or can Plesk Agent run on 6 servers too)?

* Finally Billing is mentioned in the documentation, can Plesk Expand use templates to produce costing information for external billing systems or do actual figures have to be calculated outside of Expand?

Thanks in advance,

David

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Expand doesn't actually have anything like this built-in, not even myplesk.com :))). The idea is that you link Expand to your own billing system via XML or PHP or Perl. You could link your own billing system into something like eNom's API for automated domain registrations.

Plesk 7 for Linux currently, Plesk 7 for Windows after release, and Plesk 7.1 for Linux very soon.

Like I said Expand isn't your billing system, it's just an interface for your billing system to connect to all your Plesk servers. Your billing system would do the billing etc. but Expand would create the accounts on your servers, modify them, suspend due to lack of payment, terminate, etc.

HTH