• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Favicon

W

wfernley

I was curious if anyone knows how to change the favicon for each website I have running in Plesk?

Currently it is the red sun symbol but I would like to change it to specific favicons for each of my websites.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This logically not dependent to plesk?! If you want a favicon for a particular domain, just add it in the header of the main page...

But if you meant to use a personalized icon for the admin interface, then I don't know.

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking to change the icon that appears next the the domain URL in the address bar of Firefox or Internet Explorer.

I'm not trying to create a special icon in the Plesk Admin :)

Usually you just place an image file called favicon.ico in the root directory of your website. This does not work for any of my websites on my Plesk server. It only shows the Plesk red sun favicon.

You mentioned adding it to the header of the main page. May I ask, how do you do that? Is it a special HTML code or JavaScript code that will do this?

Thanks again for your reply!

Thank you for your reply.

I added that to my header and I still get the Plesk Favicon. It looks like it just defaults to the Plesk Favicon :S I wonder if there is a setting somewhere that disables this.

Try to clear your cache... or try from another browser... Really strange. I personnaly use favicons for all the sites I host under Plesk...

Yeah I tried clearing my cache and trying another browser. I'm going to give it a day or two and see if it start showing up. Suprisingly it took a few days with my other server to show up as well. It was not using Plesk however.

Thanks for your help! :)

You need to replace this favicon file if you want to overwrite the red plesk logo:

/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico

You will have to probably redo this each time you upgrade plesk as it will likely replace its logo whenever you do an upgrade to the core.

Here is a list of some other favicon files you might want to replace as well, this is based off of a 7.5 install but if you login to your server and run "locate favicon" you should get a list of all the icon files on the server:

/usr/share/psa-horde/themes/graphics/favicon.ico
/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/themes/graphics/favicon.ico
/usr/share/psa-horde/ingo/themes/graphics/favicon.ico
/usr/share/psa-horde/kronolith/themes/graphics/favicon.ico
/usr/share/psa-horde/passwd/themes/graphics/favicon.ico
/usr/share/psa-horde/turba/themes/graphics/favicon.ico

Great! Thanks for the info.

I have 6 websites running of this server though. They each have seperate favicons. I assume changing the root favicon, like you mentioned, will change all my websites to have the same favicon right?

i am an end-user of plesk. how can i change on my own at the control panel without troubling my administrator? thanks

i am an end-user of plesk. how can i change on my own at the control panel without troubling my administrator? thanks

If you haven't root access and not familiar with unix command line - you can't do it.

If you haven't root access and not familiar with unix command line - you can't do it.

i have access to the root channel and uploaded the favicon icon. how do i make it visible in the address bar now? sorry for being a noob.. really zero knowledge.

thanks

Default favicon for sites - /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/favicon.ico
For Plesk admin interface - /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico

doesn't make any sense

why can't you setup your favicon using the standard <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> or <link rel="shorcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" > as any other server does?

We have a dedicated server on MediaTemple with 6 different sites on it and all of them need diferent favicons. This have always been very easy to do until now.

Back