• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Firewall conf file

D

DARF@

Hi
Could someone point me in the direction of where the Plesk firewall files are located in perticular the one where the open and closed ports are listed, also what the comand for restarting the firewall from shell.

have setup a DNS on the server all works fine but It seems that port 53 TCP is blocked and therefore the Slave dns cannot access the Master (the Plesk box) have also tried to telnet the port and it won't connect.

thanks

If you are using the Plesk Firewall module you create/change rules through the control panel under "Modules".

I have tried to create a custom rule in firewal module but it gives me an error message when i try to activate it.
I would like to find out what the curent settings are ...how can i find this information

I personally don't care for the Plesk firewall interface. It sets rules for iptables. I use APF Firewall, it's easy to install, configure and it's free. Plus there's an add on feature - BDF. BDF is a brute force detection system. Check them out here:

http://www.rfxnetworks.com/proj.php

I would prefer not to have unistall and reisnatll new software, at this instance all i am tryin to do is understand why port 53 TCP is being blocked my suspicion is the firewall but if i can'r see what it is set to block I can'r take action against it. i know port 53 UDP is active.

To check the status of the iptables, try this:

#/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables status

Back