1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk for Windows Centralized Mail

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 General Discussion' started by slamp, Aug 21, 2007.

1. slamp

slamp Guest

I am in the process of migrating my windows plesk for windows. I see in the documentation that mail contents will not be migrated. My question is about redirects and aliases. Will they be migrated?

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Mailboxes, redirects, autorespnders, mail groups and aliases are not migrated.

3. slamp

slamp Guest

Good to know. I guess I will be doing this manually.

Another question I have is what happens after I add the plesk for windows into the Centralized Mail? Do the mailboxes and its contents get deleted?

If they do not get deleted, can we still POP into MailEnable? If so then we should be able to get a script running to move contents using POP.

4. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Nothing is removed from Plesk server. But Mail service is disabled after assigning to Central Mail server to prevent problems with custom web scripts. If you enable Mail service on domain, you can access your mailboxes as before via SMTP, POP3 and IMAP services. You even can manage local and centralized mail simultaneously from web panel if you open "Inteface Management" page and choose to return "Mail" feature (local mail service) to domain.