• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk in Debian 5.0

javacup

New Pleskian
Hi,

I would like to know when a version plesk will be available for debian 5.0
someone succeeded in installing plesk on debian lenny

Of advance thank you for your answer.

Hi all!

I tried to install plesk 9 on a debian 5 (Lenny) system. i failed... could not go on with the installation..

I installed plesk 9 on debian 4 (etch) and upgraded it to 5.

Without success.... still failed. after the upgrade plesk wasn't working anymore...

Is there someone who can tell me when plesk works with Debian 5 (Lenny) ?

Thanks!

Regards,

John

Same here

Seriously: No update for ubuntu 8.10, none for debian lenny, none for Fedora 9 or 10? What are you doing and why does it take this long?

I can't agree more it's a sad state of affairs.

For Plesk it was supposed to support Fedora 9. How hard is it just rebuild the packages on the OS and make any necessary patches.

By the time it supports Fedora 9 it will be EOL so I hope they are going straight to 10.

I have a feeling we will not see any support for new OS versions to the next major update 9.1 so Christmas maybe?

I am fortunate that I can backport a lot of packges from Fedora 9 and 10 and keep my Fedora 8 system updated.

Come on please get some updates for current OS please!

well.. if we talking about Debian. There is a chance that it will take more than one year before there is a new release..

I hate to say it, but this is all the more reason to standardise on Centos 5.x or Redhat Enterprise as your base Plesk O.S.

I would love, love, love to see support for Debian5, as many of our users have upgraded, broken their install, then had to roll back or suffer with broken services.

-Sean.

as many of our users have upgraded, broken their install, then had to roll back or suffer with broken services.

yes, yes, YES! I cant roll back now since I have waited too long and I am stuck with a server on Debian 5 and am back to doing everything manually. Problem is I gave some of my customers access via Plesk to do a little email management stuff aso. on their own and they cant do that now... that is very annoying and is gonna hurt me in the long run.

I guess I will have to move the sites to a new server gradually and I guess I will be trying RedHat there if that seems to be supported more thouroughly with Plesk. I HATE being so dependent and I am looking for some other solution then Parallels because I think this is just bad (really bad) support. I have been using Debian for over 8 years now and being forced away kind makes me sad and really dissapointed.

I am very disapointed also to don't be able to install plesk on debian 5, especially since the host of my server don't propose to install debian 4 anymore.

when can we expect a package of plesk 8.6 and 9.X on debian 5.

an unpleased customer.

Some hosting company (including mine) doesn't offer to install debian 4 anymore. and as plesk don't support debian i paid for a license i am not able to use.

Please update your package so your paying customers could use your product.

Thanks
An unhappy user

I help a friend and maintain his server. He only is offered Fedora and is in the same situation as you. Plesk supports up to Fedora 8 and 11 is due out in May. Sad parallels - sad

Well i run debian etch on my server and wont upgrade before the support for lenny is validated.

Any new, have some servers that don't like plesk anymore....
They where updated, customers installed Debian updates, but now it's complete broken...

Please advice, and hurry.

Still nothing?
This is nice, lucky I pay SWSoft lots of money for Plesk Licencing, is it possible to get also support in this price?

nothing I am as indeed disappointed I nearly supervise every week if there is the new but nothing and no information either

Any news for this problem? Does exist some development version Plesk for Debian Lenny or when we have to wait the version for Debian Lenny?

Sorry my bad englis.

It would be very useful to know if/when lenny will be supported by Plesk. One would think it would have been added in the new Plesk 9.x series?

I want to have a statement for a Lenny supporting Release

Could you please let us know, how long we wil have to wait for the lenny supporting release?

There is a way to make plesk 9.2 work on Debian Lenny
I managed to do that, since i've upgraded Debian and there were no way back. However next time i'll stay on 4.0 - there's a perfect backports repository
As fas as i remember, you'll have to patch plesk files - in Debian 5.0 some command line parameters changed for adduser utility. Also, you can use shell-wrapped instead or real adduser binary. But please note, that method ONLY suitable to upgrading Debian to 5.0 with installed Plesk. There are plenty of old packages, required and installled by plesk - qmail and others. I'm sure you will hardly be able to install Plesk on clean Debian 5.0

Back