1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Integrated Webserver Segfaulting After Upgrade To 8.3

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by strucom, Jan 28, 2008.

1. strucom

strucom Guest

Since upgrading 8.2.0 to 8.3.0 on a Debian server PSA does not start any more (and in consequence DrWeb does neither). The reason is a segfault created when the Plesk integrated Webserver is called:
    This leads to other problems, too. For example the psa-hotfix3 package can not be installed, as the Debian postinstall script fails on starting psa.

Any ideas for fixing that? Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
    Chris

2. unika

unika Guest

How did you perform Plesk upgrade - via contol panel or on the server with help of autoinstaller? Did the upgrade finish correctly, did you notice any error messages? Try to check /tmp/autoinstaller3.log Probably, the issue occurred because of failed Plesk upgrade and it is possible to localize the cause of it. In this way you can upgrade Plesk manually on the server: download package from ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.3 and install it.

3. strucom

strucom Guest

Downloaded und used the autoinstaller manually as suggested. The log talks about hotfix3 not configured, and the hotfix3-log says:
    dmesg again shows the same segfaults. Any idea?

Greetings,
    Chris

4. BoyScout

BoyScout Guest

I have the same errors after a System-Update (Debian Etch 64bit):
    The Server is running fine, but Plesk won't start. What should i do?

Thanks,
    Markus

5. tiramisu_

tiramisu_ Guest

could someone post /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error.log (the end of file when segfault occurs)

6. tiramisu_

tiramisu_ Guest

i haven't met such issues, maybe it will make sense to contact support team.

7. BoyScout

BoyScout Guest

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately the file is empty... :-(

Markus

8. BoyScout

BoyScout Guest

Tried to reinstall psa... :-(