• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk login failure/remote desktop failure HELP!!!

I

ice.bogdan

when I try to login to plesk I get something like this
"Unable to load the domain (WINx) user (Plesk Administrator) profile: (1722) The RPC server is unavailable."

also when I try to connect via RemoteDesktop to my server I get kicked out just after I enter the password.

can anyone help me about this?

I have had the exact same thing happen to me, but I cannot remember what was causing it now.... (over 7 months ago) so I'll ask a few questions and see if my memory of the issue comes to me.

I cannot tell if you have access to the hardware or if you are hosting with a company, but have you tried Restarting the system from the hardware (external)?

And do you have Window's Firewall enabled?

yes I can reboot the system if I send a request(the server is remote) but it does work for me because this problem comes back about every 2 days. also I get a error in the plesk something like
Windows Firewall Service Pack 1. Windows Firewall cannot work properly if the Routing and Routing Access Service (RRAS) is enabled. Disable the RRAS before starting Windows Firewall as follows: (Start->Administrative Tools->Services->Routing and Remote Access.

also we had found recently some trojans/worms on the server that messed up some permissions but we installed a antivirus...and now we are facing these problems.

If you can point out what might cause this please let me know..

I haven't run into your exact error message, however I did have FW troubles of my own. Here's what I did -

1. Contact the people with physical access to your machine and have them go in via their 'back door' and disable your firewall.

2. Next, remote desktop in and follow the advise in your error message: Disable the RRAS before starting Windows Firewall as follows: (Start->Administrative Tools->Services->Routing and Remote Access.

3. And then google the error message! And read up - so your learning curve can get a boost. Apply any additional advise concerning your problem you find.

4. Finally, log in and enable your firewall again.

RRAS and win firewall are disabled but I still cant fix this error. the good thing is that now I can login to the server by remote desktop.

Back