• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Mail Client(s)

D

DocNard

Do Plesk for Win come with a mail client? If so how do I install the client to work with webmail feature?

Please help.

Doc

Plesk for Windows uses MailEnable as a mail server. My recommandation is to use a third-party mail server like Merak Mail because it's much better and it also has IMAP support.

You can use any mail client to check mail regardless of the mail server you use. If you use the standard DNS templates that Plesk installs, and you create a new domain, for example, domain.com, you can set outllok with the following options:

Outgoing SMTP server: mail.domain.com
username: [email protected]
password: ****
SMTP server requires authentication

incoming pop3 server: mail.domain.com
username: [email protected]
password: ****

How do I configure horde to work?

I just browsed the horde folder and the IIS and saw it was somewhat integrated.

I typed the webmal.complexservices.net , and it doesn't work. I believe it hasn't worked since day one.

Help

Firstly, you have to choose which mail server software and which webmail client are you planing to use. Do this in Control Panel -> Server -> Components Management.
If you use MailEnable Standard, choose Horde IMP H3.
As everything is automated, you should be able to access webmail via http://webmail.yourdomain.com

My fellow Post'ers

It is registered in the DNS and by default chosen as the webmail client in the components management.

It just doesn't work. Do I have to configure it manually?
Or
Would you just purchase MailEnable?

Originally posted by DocNard
It is registered in the DNS and by default chosen as the webmail client in the components management.
So, it opens webmail.yourdomain.com?

It just doesn't work.
What error does it return?

Do I have to configure it manually?
No

Would you just purchase MailEnable?
Giving up so easily? ;) Well, purchasing MailEnable Professional is the cheapest solution (compared to other mail server software) if you want some advanced features (like IMAP) or their own webmail...

Na, I'm not giving up so easily. In comparison Horde to MailEnable, both come pre-installed, ME is the mail server, horde is not. Another thing I am taking in consideration is extreme customization of the product as well as usability.

Both Horde and ME are outstanding and have great features. ME you are able to create additional folders within. It has great functionality when it come to pesonalizing. Easy to implement.

It almost sounds llike I sold myself on it. I will know by Wed.

However, you never said which one you would like to use.

I prefer SmarterMail... They just released v3 this month and it's looking great... And if you got SmarterTools free license with Plesk, it's not much of investement to upgrade it to more domains.

I just checked out SmarterMail. It, I like. Only thing is I have users of more than 1000 emails. but less than 50. It can become quite costly. It seems to be worth it.

Back