1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Migration Manager - Froze

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by c1markp, Aug 12, 2005.

1. c1markp

c1markp Guest

After 10 hours and transfering 6.85 GB of data my Plesk Migration Manager has frozen. scp is no longer active on the host I'm migrating from. I have 249 MB with 107 files left to go. Anyone know how I can get this to cleanly resume? I'm going to go fill out a support ticket too.

This is going from a Plesk 6.0/RH9 server to a Plesk 7.5.3 Reloaded/FC1 server.

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

I'd recommend upgrading the Plesk 6 box to Plesk 7.0.4, 7.1.7, then 7.5.3 then running psadump/psarestore to perform the migration as it tends to be more reliable for large migrations in my experience.

3. c1markp

c1markp Guest

Did psadump/psarestore change from 6.0 to 7.1.7? Why wouldn't you suggest using the backup utilities from 6.0?

4. Cranky

Cranky Guest

PMM is the ONLY method of going directly from 6.0 -> 7.5. If you want to use psadump/psarestore (which I'd recommend) you need to upgrade to the same release of psadump/psarestore on both source and destination server. In your case, I'd suggest upgrading your Plesk 6 server to 7.0, 7.1 then 7.5.3 and perform psadump/psarestore.

5. c1markp

c1markp Guest

So what about possibly breaking the current live server with the upgrade process? Is there a high chance of that? I'm sure there is always a chance. Also, I'm sure this gets into some licensing issues since I plan to migrate away from the server I don't want to buy a Reloaded license for it...

6. dm__@

dm__@ Guest

You may copy content files from your source host using any available method to the /usr/local/psa/PMM/archives directory and then re-run migration in "Import mode" as described in documentation.