1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Migration Manager IP Address Mapping Question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by eugenevdm, Apr 13, 2006.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    I'm about to migrate 450 domains and 250 clients from Plesk 7.5.4 to Plesk 8.

What bothers me is during the Plesk Migration Manager setup screen it asks to what new IP address I want to map my 450 domains' web sites to.

My new server has a new IP. Once the migration is done I want to revert to the old IP of my old server. Is this going to be possible or will I have to update 450 records by hand?

I don't want to change the DNS if possible.

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    Once you migrate to the new server, use the reconfigurator utility. From the command line:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl map_file

This will create a text file named map_file. Edit this file with your old IP and run the command again. It will make the changes you need. Better instructions are in the map_file file.