1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Mirror Setup Tool

Discussion in 'Plesk Service Tools' started by IgorG, Feb 20, 2012.

1. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    The Plesk Service Team is pleased to introduce the Plesk Mirror Setup Tool.
    The tool is designed to setup and manage a local Plesk 10 repository (mirror) for using in Provider's internal network environment.
    Main feature set allows the providers to manage selected Plesk versions and OSes.
    Also, the tool offers an interface for managing pre-launch testing of the upcoming Plesk release.

All details and scenarios are described in corresponding KB article - http://kb.parallels.com/en/113337

Thank you for your cooperation!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Pavlin C

Pavlin C Guest

rsync error:

Hello
    i try to use this tool and after a while of sync this error output

sent 115 bytes received 108 bytes 148.67 bytes/sec
    total size is 10799 speedup is 48.43
    rsync: link_stat "/ubuntu/SITEBUILDER_10.4.4" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1526) [Receiver=3.0.7]
    rsync: link_stat "/ubuntu/BILLING_10.4.4" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1526) [Receiver=3.0.7]
    rsync: link_stat "/debian/MYSQL_5.1" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync: link_stat "/ubuntu/MYSQL_5.1" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync: link_stat "/debian/MYSQL_5.5" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync: link_stat "/ubuntu/MYSQL_5.5" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync: link_stat "/debian/APACHE_2.2.21" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync: link_stat "/ubuntu/APACHE_2.2.21" (in autoinstall) failed: No such file or directory (2)
    Trying to fetch 'plesk.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok

Here is my conf file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xml>
    <release name="PLESK_10_4_4" version="10.4.4">
    <os name="deb6.0_i386"/>
    </release>
    </xml>

Then when i try to install plesk 10 via web installer /as i add coustume repo/ in the end of install apear this error:

Installing patches...
    File downloading PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU1/common/common_php_plib_Plesk_Base_Http_WebDav_Client.php: 100% was finished.
    Synchronizing the Debian APT package index files...

ERROR: error during prepare patch plesk-10.4.4~patch20
    The MD5 checksum of the /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU1/common/common_php_plib_Plesk_Base_Http_WebDav_Client.php.tmp file does not match the value specified in the configuration file.
    Not all packages were installed.
    Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
    If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

anyway the PP work fine for now....my question is: what may couse the sync error ?

I follow this gude: http://kb.parallels.com/en/113337

The repo and the plesk are installed and run on one maschine.

thanks in advance

3. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello, Pavlin. Thanks for reporting.

The issue has been fixed. We will updated you soon.

4. dash

dash Regular Pleskian Staff Member

40%
    Absence of this files is expected/normal and does not break the mirror.
    Sure, we will fix such confusing output soon and update the tool, thanks for report.

Looks like your vhost's configuration on the mirror has registered php handlers, so .php files that are included into Plesk microupdates are processed via php on your mirror's web-server. that's wrong.
    It leads to that microupdates are not applied on Plesk instances.
    You should check your web-server's configuration and remove php handlers.
    We will update the KB with this notice.

5. Pavlin C

Pavlin C Guest

Thanks for fast replay

Sometimes when i update with ./mirrorctl update --path='user:pass@localhost:/var/www/Plesk/'
    there is no problem.But sometimes it stop here:

when i go to BUILD/update.sh and remove all /dev/null from file , run it manually it start to sync...

and why it cant be used under user different from root :) ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  6. dash

40%
    What exactly do you mean by "stop"? Isn't there any error message?

Why do you think so? Probably once you've called the tool under 'root' and it created some files owned by 'root' and now it can't create the same files under another user.
    Could you, please, tell us steps to reproduce?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  7. IgorG

24%
    Plesk Service Team is glad to inform you that we have released Plesk Mirror Setup Tool v 1.0.

Changes: Usability improvements and bugfixes

Corresponding KB article http://kb.parallels.com/en/113337 has been updated with information and attached new version.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    I experience the same issue where the script stops soon after launching it. These are the steps I've followed:

[root@vpsrepo mirrorctl]# ./mirrorctl cfg --add --release=PLESK_10_3_1 --os=cos5_x86_64
    [root@vpsrepo mirrorctl]# ./mirrorctl update --path=/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs
    Trying to get 'products.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'plesk.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'ppsmbe.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'sitebuilder.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'sso.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to read the config: /root/mirrorctl/BUILD/config.xml... ok
    Trying to get 'products.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'plesk.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'ppsmbe.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'sitebuilder.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'sso.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'setemplates.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'pp-sitebuilder.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'billing.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'mysql.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    Trying to get 'apache.inf3' from 'rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall'... ok
    <it stops here with a blinking cursor>

It never outputs anything else to indicate a problem. Eventually, I ctrl-c and it took me back to my user prompt.

any ideas?

9. IgorG

24%
    Blinking cursor in this case means that microupdates downloading and installation in progress. Output of this process just forwarded to /dev/null.

10. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    Thanks -- I will rerun the script and let it run over night. I will report in the morning the outcome.

11. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    Thanks -- it ran successfully. It would be nice if the script indicated it was doing something instead of sitting there with a blinking cursor. To me, I thought it was hanging, especially since we often run into hangups with rpmq running the CPU to 100% where rpmq has to be terminated and the rpm database rebuilt.

12. IgorG

24%
    Yes, we will add notification about start MU installation in script.
    Thank you for cooperation!

13. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    plesk default repositories configuration

In addition to configuring /root/.autoinstallerrc within each container to point to the local mirror, is there a need to update the parameters in:

/vz/template/centos/5/x86_64/config/app/plesk/default/repositories
    /vz/template/conf/vztt/url.map

example:
    [root@vps4 default]# cat /vz/template/centos/5/x86_64/config/app/plesk/default/repositories
    http://$PLESK_GLOBAL_REPO/PSA_10.3.1/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/
    http://$PLESK_GLOBAL_REPO/PSA_10.3.1/thirdparty-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/
    http://$PLESK_GLOBAL_REPO/PSA_10.3.1/microupdates/
    http://$PLESK_GLOBAL_REPO/SITEBUILDER_10.3.0/dist-rpm-RedHat-all-all/

[root@vps4 default]# cat /vz/template/conf/vztt/url.map
    $CE_GLOBAL_REPO 10.251.64.100/centos
    $PLESK_GLOBAL_REPO 10.251.64.100/plesk
    $PHP_GLOBAL_REPO 10.251.64.100/php
    $VIRTUOZZO_GLOBAL_REPO 10.251.64.100/virtuozzo

or does PLESK_GLOBAL_REPO need to be set backup to autoinstall.plesk.com? Any documentation available regarding configuring the hw node to use a local mirror would be helpful.

14. IgorG

24%
    Did you try to find this information in Virtuozzo documentation?

15. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    I will look on the parallelsnetwork. I was looking for a quick kb on configuring the hw node in conjunction with the provided script.

16. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    How will we know when updates to the script have been posted? I notice the timestamp of the kb changes on occasion, but there's no indication if that means an updated script has been uploaded.

I've used the tool to create a mirror and have put it into production, and it's working great!

17. dash

40%
  18. IgorG

24%
    New version of Plesk Mirror Setup Tool 1.2 is uploaded to the article http://kb.parallels.com/113337
    Synchronization of extensions/ directory for Linux versions of Plesk has been added.

19. justyn

justyn New Pleskian

55%
  20. IgorG

24%
    It is approximately ~870Gb