• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Mysql Problems

S

Shazellb

Hi All,

I am new to plesk and I am experiencing a serious issue.
I am running on a Windows server and I having a problem accessing mysql

under the server - database server button. my mysql service has a biug red "!" and it says the last attempt to connect to the server failed due to network problems. I am unable to access php admin or change the password.

can any one help me with this issue I am in despirate need of help.

Login to Terminal Services/remote desktop and start mysql through the services snap-in. If it won't start, Google the error message you receive to find a solution (first).

Is the mysql server on the same machine?

Did u try disabling any firewall/antivirus programs just for testing?

Are you able to connect to mysql from command prompt

typically if its installed under the defaults you can do this from a command prompt.

net start mysql

or smoetimes its called mysql5

net start mysql5

if its already running you will get an error like this
The requested service has already been started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

then test it
cd C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\bin\
mysql -uadmin -p -b
enter password: <enter your admin password there>

I have seen many server with same problem..mysql service status is disabled after installation of Plesk. You can enable it from Start >> Programs >> Administrative Tools >> Service >> search form MySQL >> Right click >> Properties >> select Automatic from the drop down list >> Apply >> Start >> Ok.
Login to Plesk >> Server >> Component information >> Refresh this will refresh all the services and enabled mysql connection from plesk.

Back