1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Mysql Problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Shazellb, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Shazellb

Shazellb Guest

Hi All,

I am new to plesk and I am experiencing a serious issue.
    I am running on a Windows server and I having a problem accessing mysql

under the server - database server button. my mysql service has a biug red "!" and it says the last attempt to connect to the server failed due to network problems. I am unable to access php admin or change the password.

can any one help me with this issue I am in despirate need of help.

2. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
    Login to Terminal Services/remote desktop and start mysql through the services snap-in. If it won't start, Google the error message you receive to find a solution (first).

3. prince

prince Regular Pleskian

53%
    Is the mysql server on the same machine?

Did u try disabling any firewall/antivirus programs just for testing?

Are you able to connect to mysql from command prompt

4. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

typically if its installed under the defaults you can do this from a command prompt.

or smoetimes its called mysql5

net start mysql5

if its already running you will get an error like this
    then test it

5. Maxmk

Maxmk Guest

I have seen many server with same problem..mysql service status is disabled after installation of Plesk. You can enable it from Start >> Programs >> Administrative Tools >> Service >> search form MySQL >> Right click >> Properties >> select Automatic from the drop down list >> Apply >> Start >> Ok.
    Login to Plesk >> Server >> Component information >> Refresh this will refresh all the services and enabled mysql connection from plesk.