• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Name Server crashes exactly 1 hour after rebooting - CRITICAL PROBLEM - HELP!

W

wesmanbigmig

Running Plesk 7.5.6 with all updates applied on a Windows Server 2003 box. 3 days ago I started noticing that Plesk NAme Server was crashing. I have now found that it is stopping when named.exe crashes. Looking at the Application Event Viewer, I see that this is exactly one hour after named.exe starts when the server reboots.

When the Plesk Name Server is down, all of my websites, ftp and email go down too, so this problem is VERY URGENT.

I am unable to restart the Plesk Name Server by any method other than another reboot. So this means that I have to reboot every hour. Obviously this is not very good.

The Application Event Viewer shows the following fault for named.exe

Faulting application named.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module libdns.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000549e5.

At exactly the same time, the System Event Viewer shows this error for Service Control Manager :

The Plesk Name Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. I have been struggling with this all day, along with 2 work colleagues.

Thanks sshigin - but 2 questions:

how do I switch to MS DNS?

and how do I know that this won't happen in MS DNS too?

Thanks

Wes

Originally posted by wesmanbigmig
how do I switch to MS DNS?

1. Install MS DNS
2. Choose MS DNS on Plesk > Components Management > DNS Server

how do I know that this won't happen in MS DNS too?

You will know this in an hour after switching

Thanks sshigin

But where do I download MS DNS from? and does it automatically import the DNS settings from Plesk / BIND?

Thanks

where do I download MS DNS from?
Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components > Networking Services > Details... > Domain Name System (DNS)
does it automatically import the DNS settings from Plesk / BIND?
of course

Thanks sshigin!!

- Does MS DNS work as well as BIND?
- Is there anything that could go wrong if I installed MS DNS?
- Do I have to disable the Plesk Name Server service if I install MS DNS?
Do you have experience with running MS DNS under Plesk on a Windows 2003 server?

Thank you for your help - I appreciate it a lot!

Thank you - would you be able to post the information you have from SWSoft support here please - that would be great.

Thank you

Back