• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Name Server not working all of a sudden

F

Flawless

I setup 2 subdomains in my Plesk and restarted server machine and when it came back online the Plesk Name Server option under the Plesk Services Manager had a black icon with an X through it like it wasnt working. Well I tried to start it but wouldn't start, so I manually went into administrative tools to try and start the service manually and kept getting this error.

Could not start the Plesk Name Server service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

Now this is extremely weird since I really didn't do anyone out of the ordenary except add subdomains. I've added subdomains many times without this problem and am wondering what the Error 1067 means. If anyone knows please help me out.

Thanks
Jeff

How do I change it over in Plesk from BIND to MS DNS? Also after the changes will all the DNS information I have for all the domains I currently have in Plesk change over and create their own records or will I have to manually do it?

Thanks
Jeff

you should
1. install MS DNS (it's Windows Component)
2. go to Plesk > Components Management
3. select MS DNS as default DNS server
4. Plesk reconfigure zones automatically

Figured her out yesterday shortly after I posted was meaning to drop you a reply to not worry bout responding, but forgot. Thanks for being so helpful.

Jeff

Back