1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Name Server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by webhostheaven, Jan 31, 2006.

1. webhostheaven

webhostheaven Guest

Is the Plesk Name Server service required if you are using Microsoft DNS?

2. swarm

swarm Guest

Actually "Plesk Name Server" is Bind server so if you're using MS DNS then you need disable "Plesk Name Server" to prevent simultaneously usage of port 53 by both services.

3. webhostheaven

webhostheaven Guest

That's what I figured actually, I just wanted to make sure. Didn't make sense for the service to be enabled if Microsoft DNS is being used though. Perhaps in future versions it can disable the service automatically if Microsoft DNS is the active server.

4. Just4Clicks

Just4Clicks Guest

We're having some problems with Microsoft DNS not utilizing PTR records properly which is killing our email to Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail...etc..etc...

If we want to switch to Bind, is it as easy as just selecting the different components and it will just work? Will the current MS DNS settings transfer over?