• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Not Writing to DNS Files

C

caseypj

I'm having an issue with Plesk 8.1 writing to the DNS zones/making new ones. This is a fresh install, I've imported my old domains and was forced to copy & paste the dns var and etc directories in order for the old domains to work. But If I make a dns zone it does not write. I have allowed full access to the files/directories to the plesk services.

Problem has not resolved itself, plesk does not generate any errors.

Originally posted by caseypj
I've imported my old domains and was forced to copy & paste the dns var and etc directories in order for the old domains to work.
Did you import only DNS records? Please import old domains with using Plesk Restore tool.

Re: Re: Plesk Not Writing to DNS Files

Originally posted by sergius
Did you import only DNS records? Please import old domains with using Plesk Restore tool.
I imported every single domain first with the Plesk Restore tool. Even if I were to make a new account/domain it will not write the dns zone.

Please rename named.conf (for example, to named.conf.old) and run dnsmng UPDATE * in folder <plesk>\admin\bin

Please rename named.conf (for example, to named.conf.old) and run dnsmng UPDATE * in folder <plesk>\admin\bin
I'm trying that now, thank you for the suggestion.

Just tried that and it would not work, it did not generate a new named.conf and did not make the new domains accessible.

which ticket number?
My ticket appears to have been closed because I personally do not have a support contract, but it was [SWsoft #363394]

This issue is still affecting me, hopefully someone has a solution.

Im pretty sure I am having the same issue. I can restore the data but I can't make any requests regarding HTTP. All the DNS seems to be out of wack.

Wish someone could help....

I was able to manually add the dns zones, create the zone file first, and in the named.conf add it as a master zone.

I didn't touch the named.conf but I changed the DNS settings through the control panel, a little more tedious but I wasn't sure that the control panel would read the manual changes in the named.conf file right....

Problem solved for me!

Thanks.

Back