1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Not Writing to DNS Files

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by caseypj, Jul 29, 2007.

1. caseypj

caseypj Guest

I'm having an issue with Plesk 8.1 writing to the DNS zones/making new ones. This is a fresh install, I've imported my old domains and was forced to copy & paste the dns var and etc directories in order for the old domains to work. But If I make a dns zone it does not write. I have allowed full access to the files/directories to the plesk services.

2. caseypj

caseypj Guest

Problem has not resolved itself, plesk does not generate any errors.

3. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Did you import only DNS records? Please import old domains with using Plesk Restore tool.

4. caseypj

caseypj Guest

Re: Re: Plesk Not Writing to DNS Files

I imported every single domain first with the Plesk Restore tool. Even if I were to make a new account/domain it will not write the dns zone.

5. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please rename named.conf (for example, to named.conf.old) and run dnsmng UPDATE * in folder <plesk>\admin\bin

6. caseypj

caseypj Guest

I'm trying that now, thank you for the suggestion.

7. caseypj

caseypj Guest

Just tried that and it would not work, it did not generate a new named.conf and did not make the new domains accessible.

8. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
  9. caseypj

caseypj Guest

10. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    which ticket number?

11. caseypj

caseypj Guest

My ticket appears to have been closed because I personally do not have a support contract, but it was [SWsoft #363394]

12. caseypj

caseypj Guest

This issue is still affecting me, hopefully someone has a solution.

13. bskrakes

bskrakes Basic Pleskian

23%
    Im pretty sure I am having the same issue. I can restore the data but I can't make any requests regarding HTTP. All the DNS seems to be out of wack.

Wish someone could help....

14. caseypj

caseypj Guest

I was able to manually add the dns zones, create the zone file first, and in the named.conf add it as a master zone.

15. bskrakes

bskrakes Basic Pleskian

23%
    I didn't touch the named.conf but I changed the DNS settings through the control panel, a little more tedious but I wasn't sure that the control panel would read the manual changes in the named.conf file right....

Problem solved for me!

Thanks.