• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk - PEAR - open_basedir - includes

C

chickenbak

I am running into a little problem with includes and open_basedir.

This is the error that I am getting.

Code:
[client x] PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/php/includes/symfony/symfony/pear.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/twisi.com:/tmp:/usr/share/pear) in /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/myapp/config/config.php on line 16 
[client x] PHP Warning: main(symfony/symfony/pear.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/myapp/config/config.php on line 16 
[client x] PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'symfony/symfony/pear.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/myapp/config/config.php on line 16 
[client x] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to find symfony librairies' in /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/myapp/config/config.php:18\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/myapp/config/config.php(18): unknown()\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/web/index.php(8): require_once('/var/www/vhosts...')\n#2 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/vhosts/twisi.com/symfonyapps/test/myapp/config/config.php on line 18

It works beautifully without open_basedir on...now here is the key...it seems that by utilizing the includes directory, it triggers open_basedir to kick it back...even though /usr/share/pear is within the include AND the open_basedir.

Question is...without actually going in and mandating the include be /usr/share/pear/symfony/symfony/pear.php (that defeats the purpose of the include) is there any way to make open_basedir "like" the include request...or am I getting this all wrong?

Can you give a little more details? What PEAR class are you trying to use? And how are you calling the class and functions you are trying to use?

Symfony is what I am trying to call, it is being called as an include( 'symfony/symfony/pear.php' );

Its actual location is /usr/share/pear/symfony/symfony/pear.php, so it is correctly called, and correct in the include path as well as open_basedir.

Earlier today I found a similar bug that was still in the 5.0.4 version that could be indicative of it being a PHP bug. The prefixing of /php/includes kind of throws me for a loop, because the directory doesn't exist, and nowhere in the code is /php/includes explicitly stated.

Seems that it should work. I don't have any experience with that class. If you do mandate the include to be /usr/share/pear/symfony/symfony/pear.php does it work? Just wondering.

That is the interesting thing...it works fine at that point...

If I turn off open_basedir, it works fine

if I set the path directly to the file, it works fine

So, both the include path and the open_basedir seem to be working fine independantly, but when in conjunction with one another, they fail.

hmm. That does seem weird. Do other PEAR classes work like they should?

I actually confirmed that it was a PHP bug last night through some testing...I think it was fixed after 5.0.4...which is probably a well used version considering that that is the latest available for CentOS/RHEL RPMs.

I believe this bug to be the culprit...

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31054

Back