• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk & PHP5

G

Gargoyle

When will Plesk come with official support for PHP5?

It should preferably be as easy as a tick box in the Plesk CP but at least there should be official step-by-step instructions for installing it through the shell without breaking any other parts of Plesk.

It supports php5 now. Php is version is determined by your OS not plesk.

I got 5.16 on my server with sql 5.0.27

Originally posted by 105547111
It supports php5 now. Php is version is determined by your OS not plesk.

I got 5.16 on my server with sql 5.0.27

Well I'm CentOS 4.3 and Plesk 8.1.1 (which has been fresh installed) and I can't find PHP5 anywhere.

Its your OS, you will have to search around for updated packages. I would try atomicrocketturtle.com

Sorry I am on FC6 :(

Cheers,
David

Okay, thanks for you help.

Already tried AtomicRocket, but that just gives me a bunch of kernel dependencies I can't seem to resolve.

I'll keep looking or use my cPanel server instead.

Post something on atomicrocketturtle, they are very good there at fixing a lot of these issues.

There are people there on centos with php5 which they have updated.

I did eventually manage to get the Atomic Rocket stuff installed.

Had to exclude a load of kernel stuff in yum.conf, uninstall SiteBuilder (which I don't use anyway) and uninstal sqlite2.

The biggest problem I found is that I just don't know Plesk very well and how it is affected by these things ... I'm far more confident on something like DirectAdmin or cPanel.

I suspect you were trying to pull packages from the FC4 channel instead of CentOS4 if you went through all that. The good news is that CentOS already comes with PHP 5.1 and Mysql, in the centosplus channel. Its just turned off by default. Go take a look at your /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo file.

Thanks for the tip atomicturtle. I wasn't aware of the centosplus channel.

Yeah, I went an odd way.

I used the Centos stuff in AT to upgrade to 5.0 and then used centosplus to go to 5.1.

Back