• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Power Pack upgrade

A

addstravel

Hi,
I purchased the Power Pack upgrade and have received the new Plesk key. However, when I installed the new key I am now unable to access the plesk control panel at all! I can only re-access the control panel by re-using the original plesk 7 license key...
Very bizarre, any solutions?
Thanks

Have tried both of these and no joy. Still unable to access the control panel unfortunately.

Sorry to heard that, I normally have the same problem when I install a new key or make an upgrade to my key, but after I restart the server, everything works fine....

By any chance, the domains that you have hosted resolves?
Like may be for example you can't get to the control panel but you can get to main page..

https://domain:8443 (doesn't work but...)
http://domain (resolves good...)

At least.. Is this happening ? or not even that??

Hi,
Thanks for the swift response.
I can see the domains hosted on the server that are in plesk, however if I try the plesk control panel url doesn't resolve. I tried simply http:// and the ip address as well and I receive a 'Bad Request (Invalid hostname)' message.
Anyone else have this problem.
Regards

No feedback from SW Soft

Can't believe I have had no feedback from SW Soft with regards to this problem!
Albeit I sent the email on Thursday last week saying that the key they have sent me for the Power Pack doesn't work. Not good especially paying more than the plesk application for this add-on....

Apologies....

Hi,
Not sure why this worked now, but I applied the new key and then rebooted the server and it now seems to have worked - very strange! However, may have been me....DOH
Only problem is that I dont seem to be able to install any application vault apps to any sites! Is there any documentation on this? For example, am I suppose to choose my own DB username and passwords for the php applications? Seems to be a problem when creating the scripts etc..
Thanks very much for any suggestions...

Yes, you need it to restart your server.. which i mean at the time, reboot it...

You can specify the values in the configuration page after you pick the app to install from the Application Vault, or leave the default ones, if you are having a problem with the names you're using, try to use unique ones, may be you have a user or db already with that name.

hope this help out...

You don't need to reboot server. You should restart Plesk Control Panel (Apache service, not graceful restart, service restart). Usually it works.

Error installing application

Hi,
Rebooted the Apache service and control panel, but still unable to install any of the applications from the application vault to a website.
I attempted installing the php forum and received the following error message (uploaded image). Attach image but is not showing yet...
I changed the database name, username and passwords to ensure I was using unique names.

Any ideas.... very frustrating with the power pack so far. However, the help desk ticket system I am very pleased with!

Regards

..more information

I have checked the website settings and noticed that the mySQL database seems to have been created that I configured when attempting to install the php forum.
Also looking at the File Manager a 'phpBB' folder has been created in the 'vault_scripts' directory, including a reconfigure.vbs file within the folder. No other files exist. So it looks like there is a problem copying/creating the rest of the required application files....

The plot thickens...

I think its a permission issue. Groups psaadm and psacln should have read & execute permissions (3 default checkboxes)
on folder Plesk\var\cgitory AND ITS CHILDREN. Use windows explorer to set them correctly. Click on button Advanced -> Replace subfolder permissions ...)

No joy...

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, checked the following permissions for the folder:

Read & Execute
List folder contents
Read

No joy, I receive this error when attempting to install the php forum:

"SiteAppPackagemanager::installSiteAppExtract() failed"

Not sure why it is failing here!

Also, seem to be unable to delete the database now as well. The remove option is disabled...

Back