1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Reload Windows Fail with: Tried to convert "NULL" to a "j

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by eugenevdm, Aug 20, 2006.

  1. eugenevdm

    eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

    30
    68%
    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2003
    Messages:
    611
    Likes Received:
    0
    We noticed some domains were missing on Central Mail and then we did a reload of our Plesk 7.5.6 for Windows server. Now most of the Windows domains are reported as "Out of sync". When you try to reload any account it fails almost strait away. The actual error appears to be:

    Tried to convert "NULL" to a "j

    Here is more information on the problem:

    Action Input
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <packet version="2.0.1.12">
    <reloadObjects>
    <filter>
    <id>1419</id>
    </filter>
    </reloadObjects>
    </packet>

    Advanced: Action Fatal Errors
    error: HTTP code: 500, message: Internal Server Error
    Tried to convert "NULL" to a "j

    Advanced: Taskman Output
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <packet version="0.1.1.0">
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errtxt>Action executed with errors</errtxt>
    </result>
    </packet>

    How do I go about troubleshooting this error? If I can simulate the XML request and examine the response that would be a good start, but I don't know how to do it.

    I have already reported this problem to Plesk support - and according to them my free support has ended, but according to me this is a bug. What' s interesting about this is when I first purchased Expand they were willing to help me - way past my so-called free support period - because since day one that we have installed Expand we have had endless problems. I suppose they got sick of me. Please could someone from the community help me, because the product is scarce three months old and it's breaking down on a regular basis.
     
  2. regx

    regx Guest

    0
     
    We had a problem with domains reported as "out of sync". Expand allows to set domain limits to a value lower than actual amount of resources used. E.g. we reduced mailboxes limit to 20 (previously 30 were allowed in hosting plan) and all domains who had more than 20 mailboxes created - they get "out of sync" status. When looking at "syncronization log" - there are a lot of errors like "Maximum number of mailboxes: requested - 20, currently used - 23".

    After we changed limits - domains get back to "OK" status.
     
  3. eugenevdm

    eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

    30
    68%
    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2003
    Messages:
    611
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks regx for replying!

    I finally managed to sort out most of the sync issues and you were spot on.

    (Plesk support also responded to my issue by saying that this is a bug and will be fixed in the new version)

    But anyway what I did to fix it was to "reapply" the limits on the Expand server. It looks like on the Expand server I had one set of limits, and one the Plesk server a similar set, and on the CM server a different set.

    So making sure most of the limits were the same seems to sort most of the sync issues (after a reload).

    There was also a nasty sticky issue where I had an Expand client unsynched, and no client name! New Expand clients weren't being created on the CM server.

    I backtracked, analyzed the MySQL databases, found the actual client, and eventually decided to delete this record my hand on the Expand mysql database. This cleared the queue and then all of a sudden those stuck clients were being created on CM.
     
Loading...