1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Reloaded(TM) Power Pack

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bcscomp, Sep 3, 2005.

1. bcscomp

bcscomp Guest

after changing my server to a new OS i installed Plesk and went through the steps to fill out all my info, uploaded my Key ect, however none of my powerpack items i purchase are in there.

so i happily go hunting through the site to find the download for that and can't seem to find it anywhere....
    am i missing something?

here's what's in my email from them when they sent me the key, and supposedly the key is designed to "include" the powerpack licensing.

The Plesk(TM) Software keys attached to this email have the following
    properties:

Plesk 7.5 Reloaded(TM):
    > Additional language pack(s): 0
    > Expiration date: 20050701
    > License update date: 20050621
    > 30 Domains w/1 yr SUS (expiration date: 2005.12.21)
    > Plesk Reloaded(TM) Power Pack

Thanks in advance, and hope i ask in the right place.
    Bill

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

What does it say on the license management page in Plesk?

3. bcscomp

bcscomp Guest

Hi Cranky,
    do you mean all this stuff?

InfoKey number PLSK.00056206.0001
    Key expiration date Dec 30, 2005
    Slave servers limit 0
    Maximum number of client accounts Unlimited
    Maximum number of domains 30
    Maximium number of mail accounts Unlimited
    Maximium number of web users Unlimited
    Maximum number of language packs 1
    MPC slave server identifier MyPlesk.com
    MPC functionality On
    Administrator can manage MPC service accessibility On
    Valid for Virtuozzo only No
    Ability to use PostgreSQL On
    Ability to use Tomcat On
    Ability to perform global operations on objects (group operations) On
    Ability to manage shell access On
    Ability to use traffic reporting On
    Ability to manage client templates On
    Ability to manage notifications On
    Ability to use event manager On
    Ability to use action logging On
    Ability to use the backup functions On
    Ability to manage domain and client account expiration dates On
    Ability to manage subdomains On
    Ability to use ColdFusion On
    Ability to use application vault On
    Ability to use SpamAssassin On
    Ability to use Dr.Web antivirus On
    Ability to use Mambo CMS On
    Ability to use Help Desk On
    Ability to use Migration Manager On
    Next license key update Dec 20, 2005
    Ability to manage updater preferences On

addidtionally under the retrieve keys section it says:
    Key Update StatusServer response: License key PLSK.00056206.0001 is up-to-date

Thanks
    Bill

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Did you check the Server-Updater screen to see if there are additional update downloads available?

5. eilko

eilko Regular Pleskian

73%
    according to the sw-soft website:

And your key shows:

Ability to use Tomcat On
    Ability to use ColdFusion On
    Ability to use application vault On
    Ability to use SpamAssassin On
    Ability to use Help Desk On

So it seems that the key is correct. Do you have all the required RPMs installed?

6. bcscomp

bcscomp Guest

ok both answers in one post :)

to the first question
    "Did you check the Server-Updater screen to see if there are additional update downloads available?"

yes i did, and it only shows the base package of plesk, and shows it to be up to date

to the second question
    "So it seems that the key is correct. Do you have all the required RPMs installed?"

it seems to me that the key is OS specific, which i thought was only a difference between *nix based, and windows based systems.
    the reason i think this is because my original email specified that my key "would NOT work on a windows box", however it seems that the key also only allows the "extras" on Linux which was my original OS, and because i changed the server's OS it only auth'd the base package.
    or at least that's how it looks to me, i do have a backup of all the rpms however i don't think i can install rpms on BSD, and pretty sure that even if i added then to the repository plesk would not see them, or be able to use them, but then again i'm pretty new to BSD so there's not telling what can or can't be done with it.

Also for those who would ask why i'm wanting to change the OS?, it's my understanding that BSD is more secure than Fedora Core2 and once i start selling shells on the box i would be better off using BSD.

Thanks in advance
    Bill
    PS. i have my *nix drive back in the system for now just to keep the box functional.

7. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Interesting... and I was not aware you had switched OS's from your earlier posts...

I have never seen an updater screen with just a single line listed.

Since this is a recent purchase (ie. SUS is still in effect), have you opened up a support ticket directly to them?

8. bcscomp

bcscomp Guest

my original post:
    "after changing my server to a new OS i installed Plesk and went through the steps to fill out all my info, uploaded my Key ect, however none of my powerpack items i purchase are in there."

kinda vauge i guess LOL

no Sir,
    this only occured just prior to my post...well a couple of hours at the screen searching = "just prior", and while i wasn't real impressed with all the **** i had to go thru to get the thing to install on the bsd system, i did notice a speed difference between that installation and my original install on linux

9. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    Are you now running Plesk on FreeBSD? If so, everything will be installed as the Standard installations are not like RPM's - everything is installed.

10. bcscomp

bcscomp Guest

I have two 250gb drives for that system, and the one currently in it is the old Linux (fedora C2) installation and I could be running BSD again, but I pulled that drive out and put the *nix drive back in.
    on the BSD install the application vault does show allot of the things, but the Nexellent SiteBuilder's gone, and in the web interface apache doesn't run, (red icon) nor does ftp work, and spamassasin and stuff like that. I guess I should pull the list up and c/p it into an email, then fire the other drive (the bsd one) up again, and do the same to compare the two.

in fact the reason in installed it on a diff drive to begin with was that I wanted to do a backup of my existing data/accounts/ect and then ftp it off, then switch drives, and pull it back in, haven't gotten that far yet though.

The Linux install shows 33 Site application packages total

Ok switching drives brb
    Done:
    Now the BSD install shows 33 also

What seems to be different is the PPWSE (not free) (which i removed from my linux install because it didn't work) is in the BSD install, and the Nexellent SiteBuilder (that I paid for in the powerpack) is in the Linux install.

Maybe I just sound whiney about this, but did Plesk replace the Nexellent SiteBuilder with their sitebuilder?
    And if they did why are they taking away the sitebuilder that's paid for already and wanting to charge us for theirs now?
    I mean IF they are going to replace a product, shouldn't those of us who've paid (the "one time" fee) for a comparable product get the replacement for free?
    i mean the regular Mambo's ok, but it doesn't do half the stuff Nexellent SiteBuilder does, and even though there's no english language pack available for Nexellent SiteBuilder (i spent hours writing one that works)..
    anyway that's getting off topic a bit too much.

seems like that's the only difference, and as far as apache/ftp not working, ( i have panel access tho LOL) i can fix that in ports i'd imagine, then reinstall Plesk if i had to.. bugs me that it seems like i'm getting hosed though...i mean what if i had done a clean install of linux? would the Nexellent SiteBuilder be missing there too?

Bill