• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Restore - Fails everytime :(

L

LeaUK

Has anyone had success with the restore facility?

I'm trying to restore to a VM, same HDD partitions and drive letters etc.

Plesk restore successfully restores a few domains, but most it simply fails. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Lea

I'm going to try and hot image both partitions to get them across into the VM, then perhaps the restore will operate correctly from one VM to another identical.

Lea

Originally posted by LeaUK
I'm trying to restore to a VM, same HDD partitions and drive letters etc.

Please try to increase VM's memory.

Originally posted by LeaUK
Plesk restore successfully restores a few domains, but most it simply fails.

Which error message?

sergius

many thanks for your reply.

error messages are as follows (not all domains but the majority):

Unable to perform action 'Turn off domain xxx.uk'

Error in execute ''domainmng' --turn-off "--domain-name=xxx.uk"':
Execute usermng access off failed: Unable to get the user (xx) home: (2221) The user name could not be found.

The users do not exist on the machine which confuses me - and confuses PLesk Restore. I suspect this is the problem.

Is there a way to reset Plesk? Maybe reinstall then use Plesk Restore?

Thanks
Lea

I recreated the VM to ensure all users were present.

"Unable to perform action 'Turn off domain xxx.uk'"

is now resolved. However I now receive:

"Unable to perform action 'Reconfigure Web services for restored domains'"

From the plesk logs:

Exec 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng' '--reconfigure-vhosts "--vhost-names=C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp\tmp3F.tmp" --via-file'
Skip exception [psabackup.InformationalException: Unable to perform action 'Reconfigure Web services for restored domains' ---> psabackup.UtilExecutionException: Error in execute ''websrvmng' --reconfigure-vhosts "--vhost-names=C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp\tmp3F.tmp" --via-file':
The system cannot find the file specified. (COM Error 80070002) at configHosting(mydomain.uk)
at psabackup.CommonEnv.execUtil(String utilName, String Arguments, String inputString, Hashtable envs)
at psabackup.ExecUtilAction.doAction(CommonEnv env)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---]

Resolved - I think!

Problems all stemmed from a permissions issue.

When the VM was created using P2V tool the drive hosting the Virtual Domains could not be incorporated to the VM image. Therefore the VM only had C:\

This VM was then split into C: and D:\ using disk tools. D:\ stores the virtual domains.

Of course D: did not have the correct Plesk permissions.

Using Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk, permissions were reset correctly.

However Restore continued to fail.

This is due to the control panel having the domains loaded but the data NOT being present in the Virtual host folder.

Virtual hosts domain data was copied from the physical 'host' to the VM and Plesk Reconfigurator > Plesk virtual host security application run. Many explanation marks!

Run Plesk Restore again - no problems reported :)

Plesk Control Panel reports no problems and can find all files.

Hope this helps someone...
Lea

"Unable to perform action 'Turn off domain xxxx.co.uk'

Plesk Restore reports:

"Unable to perform action 'Turn off domain xxxx.co.uk'

Error in execute ''domainmng' --turn-off "--domain-name=xxxx.co.uk"':
Execute usermng access off failed: Unable to get the user (xxxx) home: (2221) The user name could not be found."

I have only ever managed a full restore without issues once, and wonder what's going wrong.

The message above is reported on around 10% of my domains!

Even if I run the 'Check and Repair' before (which always shows problems unless it's run twice) a restore, the restore still fails.

Please help as I would like to migrate domains across servers.

Cheers
Lea

I could really do with some assistance here chaps. Any thoughts?

Cheers
Lea

Hi how have resolved?
You want migrate i want just restore on the same servers and have same problems.

I ended up purchasing support as I have around 5 serious issues that require resolving.

This one hasn't been resolved as yet, although to be fair I haven't raised it!

Lea

Back