• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Restore

S

Synetec

Hello,

i backup all data and databases from 7.51. Now, i will install a clean Version from Plesk 7.52.

Which Data needed to Restore only the Accounts with Password, Domains and e-mail-Adresses ???

Thats only one Database ???

Thanks

Do you want to do reinstall the full system? The best way is upgrade your plesk to 7.5.2 without (or before) reinstalling. If you do backup via plesk utiliy, you cannot restore it on other version of plesk. I can write the list of needs for plesk directories (stop qmail, named, mysql, pgsql and psa before backuping):
/etc
/var/qmail
/var/named
/var/lib/mysql
/var/lib/pgsql
/home/httpd
/usr/local/psa

/usr/local/frontpage should probably be backed up as well.

Erm ... if you want user data (user, passwords, etc.) copying you'll need;

/etc
/var/lib/mysql
/var/lib/pgsql
/usr/local/psa
/home
/var/lib/psa
/var/named
/var/qmail
/var/tomcat4/

how can i perform this backup?

sysbk? or with the own built in Backup Utilities?

I want to perform a Full Plesk (sites, files, databases, usernames, emails, passwords "all data concerning the domains and its files") so I can do a server restore on my box (format and reinstall OS) without loosing nothing nor having problems of missing passwords.

there is any way to do this ?

regards,

JLChafardet: use psadump, thats all (but check it)

how can i see the password ???

I need a clean install and type manually any user, but i need the username and password from any user to add it to the new system.

Where can i see the username and the password ???

(all data with mail etc. i can type)

Thanks

trully that doesnt answers me as you are asking for some stuff that i want to be backed up too....

I dont want to have to retype all passwords, imagine that chaos, asking more than 300 persons to send me their passwords, or mailing them a general 123456(example) password mail so they can change it...

no way. i need a total backup solution that allowes me to bakcup all the data that i want to back up, format the box, reinstall the os, and restore the data. so the server can be back up as nothing happened.

it is possible?

psadump does all that you need - check the manual. Alternatively, backup all the files I said above, switch to new system, install Plesk (exact same build, and OS), restore all the files again. Psadump is slow, but is fairly good at getting you back up and running again nicely.

excelent, i will perform a test first, backingup tonight later, and restoring on another box i have with the exact build of plesk and OS

I really apreciate your words Cranky it cleared out a lot of my mind on this procedure.

best regards,

If using psadump you won't need to worry about the OS and build - although a closer match will likely be better to minimise potential problems.

I figured this was the right section for this question. so here goes, I have a plesk 7.5 reloaded server with the 7.5.2 version and i want to do a full backup and restore to a plesk 7.5.2 server.

Basically i am migrating from one piece of hardware to the other with the same software and key. one is RH9 and one is FC2. Is psa dump included with 7.5.2 or is it a utility that we have to wait for?

Yes, it's included. You need to install the psa-bu rpm from the tarball.

great i didnt think to look in the obvious places /usr/local/psa/bin :)

on a different type of backup/restore subject

if when doing a restore on a backed up domain via the control panel you get the error, "unable to restore file: Error: domian_bu: Dump signature verifacation failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.com/domain.com_2005.02.24_15.18 Dump signature verifacation failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.com/domain.com_2005.02.24_15.18"

what does that mean?

I did a back up on one plesk server and tried to do a restore on another plesk server both versions 7.5.2

Originally posted by Cranky
If using psadump you won't need to worry about the OS and build - although a closer match will likely be better to minimise potential problems.

does this command:
psadump -f - | split -b1000m - /root/psa_backup/respaldo

will do ? i mean splitting into 1000 mb files but with all the things i want right?

Yeah that should work fine:

psadump -f - | split -b1000m - /root/psa_backup/respaldo.

If you add any additional flags such as --no-internal-zip add them before the -f, i.e.:

psadump --no-internal-zip -f - | split -b1000m - /root/psa_backup/respaldo.

... and before you ask, I just use --no-internal-zip to speed things up with the dump and restore, as compression doesn't happen. This makes file sizes bigger so only really benefits you if you have a fast network connection between the 2 servers as obviously this will slow the transfer.

Cranky, great the idea, i will use it, now how do i restore this dump? i mean wich is the command? to restore it all with all data, usernames, passwords, emails all that jazz?

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f <dumpfile> -m ipmap -s shellmap

This will create the ipmap and shellmap templates which you can edit and re-run the above command to restore.

Originally posted by Cranky
/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f <dumpfile> -m ipmap -s shellmap

This will create the ipmap and shellmap templates which you can edit and re-run the above command to restore.

Cranky, can you be please a bit specific? maybe show me an example, as i cant understand that about the imap and shellmap template, or where can i see one on my actual "non backed up" box? so i can follow lets say a "guideline" on how to edit the files to restore the backup

Regards,

Back