• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Roadmap ...

J

JoaoCorreia

Hello,

I've been using Plesk for 3 years. For what I know Plesk is supposed to address the specific needs of the hosting industry.

I understand that sometimes features cant be implemented without cautious planning.

Sometimes I dont think SW-SOFT is going in the right direction.

AWSTATS: Took more then 1 year to implement, instead Game Modules and other "not so usefull" stuff.

Greylisting: Not yet implemented, SPAM is one of the big problems, spamassassin generates too much load ! It should be very easy to include it in next release.
Lots of people using it and want Plesk to support it.

qmail-scanner/Amavis: For scanning emails for viruses, Amavis an Opensource virus scanner. Plesk keeps using comercial antivirus, at least they could include Amavis so people can choose.

This last issue on 8.1 putting ADS in Plesk Interface and IMP is unacceptable.

I would like to see a Plesk roadmap, what are the problems of hosting industry ? Solutions ? Roadmap ?

Regards
Joao Correia

I agree with you.

Particularly the Greylisting and Antivirus Options.
The Spam ADS/IMP is a hassle, remove this SWSoft!
:mad:

It is disapointing that SWSOFT would snub the hosting providers that purchase the products by making an end-run directly to our customers.

This will be our 10th year in the Hosting business, our 5th year with Plesk, and our 3rd as a Gold Partner.

None of us would tollerate our upstream providers using the bandwidth we purchase from them to market directly to our customers. We wouldn't want the phone company to insert messages before the ring-tone to our business lines selling their hosting packages.

A SWSOFT logo and copyright notice is fine. But this has crossed the line. We have taken pride in our "partnership" with Plesk. But I'm not sure what the future will hold. I don't like the direction I'm seeing.

Originally posted by breun
You can install qmail-scanner, ClamAV and qgreylist on Plesk yourself (Atomic Rocket Turtle has a yum channel with rpms).

The problem is that SWSoft then deny you support with mail-related issues. For most people that doesn't matter much, but for people who payid for a Premium Support contract, that is something to take into consideration.

Another thing is that the ART repos are for Plesk 8.0.x, 8.1.x is not available from ART yet.

I can certainly understand SWSOFT's reluctance to support software that they did not develop and cannot control. That's standard practice. In fact, I would do the same in their shoes.

However, the advertising issue is a big deal. Although we have our Partnership agreement (with fees) and several SUS's coming up for renewal, I have let our Accounts department know to hold off on paying those until we get some resolution to this issue. We will vote with our $$.

I plan on having a conversation with our SWSOFT Account Rep on Monday. I'm hoping that they will take this seriously.

If not, although I like Plesk, we certainly don't *need* it.

Another thing is that the ART repos are for Plesk 8.0.x, 8.1.x is not available from ART yet.

Apart from the psa yum channels there's also the atomic yum channel that anyone can use, even if you don't run Plesk. The PHP, MySQL, qmail-scanner, clamav and qgreylist rpms (amongst others) are available in this channel (and *not* in his psa channels, by the way).

See here: http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/art/

as said

As was said in another thread....

... when a company digresses to such tactics....

R U N ! ! !

Let's hope they will see the light and remove this invasive advertising.

As was said in yet another thread... what I would suggest is for all of the providers who have paid for their Plesk licenses and SUS to join us and contact their sales rep. Let them know that you consider this to be a bad situation, and one that is harmful to your business. Don't be ugly or rude, but just explain why this is a problem. If enough of their marketplace voices an opinion, it would be foolish for SWSOFT to ignore that.

Phone numbers and email addresses can be found on SWSOFT's website here:
http://www.swsoft.com/en/contact/

If we don't let SWSOFT know what's on our minds, then don't be surprised if they never do what we'd like.

agree

Although I agree without reservation, a question arises.

Will SWSoft consider their current clients as part of their future?

They must have considered the loss with this decision.

We will be contacting our rep, and will continue to do so with hope, however; they must have already considered (those of us that reject this move) an acceptable loss in return for future client as acceptable loss.

It is shameful, if it may be said.

Back