• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Spyware?

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
Does the Plesk CP include spyware?

Each time I open it my copy of Spy Sweeper identifies and blocks tracking cookies.

Lol ... I don't think so. It's more likely an overzealous spyware checker blocking a cookie.

Yeah but presumably the cookie's only read by Plesk itself ... i.e. your server(s), so there shouldn't be a problem with that?

The whole world has gone spyware crazy. Cookies are not always bad... many are beneficial...

You may want to see if you can exclude the CP's URL from it's detection

Yes, how true...

There was another post (rant?) in another thread about that he had proof of Plesk 7.5.x having a backdoor, transmitting info to them and all, which I don't really blame Plesk protecting their stuff from piracy and all. But what I read in it was that he was upset because he couldn't use illegal copies of it, kept rebooting and all.....

All I gots to say to him is 'you get what you don't pay for!' hahahahahah

I get into conversations with people like that all the time. They start out innocently enough, they cant get something to install or run right. Then eventually they bring up its either a pirated copy, or one they are trying to pirate. At which point I mention Im a founder of Plesk and they run away :p I suppose its sort of a compliment, in that people will break the law to get it. (Same thing happened with my book!)

Troubleshooting Linux Firewalls, been out since about end of last year or there abouts.

See his site for info

Back