• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Statistics Alias Error

M

MarshallT

I am currently running Plesk 8.2.0 which (according to the knowledgebase) is supposed to fix this issue but my domain's web stats are not getting updated for hits against its aliases. This is severly impacting the stats for one of the domains as the traffic is split at about 50/50 for the domain and its alias.

The reason it seems to be doing this is that the statistics.exe or whatever it is that writes the awstats conf files for the domains is putting the ending " in the wrong place. All the domain aliases are written in the file but only the first two (aka the main domain name) are in the quotes which causes the AWStats update to ignore these during its stats update.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there a file that didn't get copied over correctly that I can download from somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

same issue here, I also thought it was fixed by I was wrong :(

Best regards,

Dkuwi

Hello,

fine I will test it, will this also be included in the next Hotfix/Update (I think 8.2.1) or should we change the file manually on all machines?

Br,

dkuwi

Originally posted by dkuwi
will this also be included in the next Hotfix/Update (I think 8.2.1) or should we change the file manually on all machines?

It will be included in the next Plesk 8.2.0.1 for Windows Update.

Thank you, it looks like replacing the file with the one you posted has fixed the .conf files and AWStats for me as well.

Actually, there is one other thing wrong. For all the aliased domains, it only inputs the root domain. It doesn't put the www alias in along with it which messes up the stats for anyone that had used www.domain.com to view the site. Can this be added in to get full stat updates?

Originally posted by MarshallT
Actually, there is one other thing wrong. For all the aliased domains, it only inputs the root domain. It doesn't put the www alias in along with it which messes up the stats for anyone that had used www.domain.com to view the site. Can this be added in to get full stat updates?

Thank you for the report.

Please download updated module ftp://pleskwin.download.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/Windows/8.2.0/122473/statistics.exe and copy it to %plesk_bin%.

I downloaded the new .exe file and it seems to be working fine now, thank you for your help.

Back