1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk/suPHP/Joomla permissions problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JamieRW, Nov 26, 2009.

1. JamieRW

JamieRW Guest

Hi,

I thought I had it figured out but now I'm not so sure... I need assurance/alternative suggestions to resolve before this drives me insane.

Plesk 9.2.3
    Debian 4.0
    Apache 2.2.3
    PHP 5.2.0-8+etch16
    suPHP 0.6.2
    Joomla 1.5.15

Issue
    New installations of Joomla extensions have what I believe to be incorrect file/folder permissions for Plesk/suPHP and Joomla to work correctly. They default to 644/755 but these files/folders appear unwritable to Joomla. So I chmod'd them to 664/775 and Joomla seems happy. Obviously this is an issue as Joomla is unable to manage new files/folders on the fly so I would like suPHP to apply permissions of 664/775 by default.

However I have also been told suPHP and Joomla should work correctly with permissions of 644/755. Have I just configured suPHP incorrectly?

Changing security options in suPHP.conf doesn't seem to do anything or do I need to change the unmask value to default to 664/775?

suPHP.conf
    vhosts.conf
    Any help to resolve once and for all would be most appreciated, j.

[GLOBAL MOD PLSE CHANGE FORUM SETTINGS TO USE 'LOGIN' NAME NOT REAL NAME!]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009