• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk to plesk backup location...

P

paperlion

Want to change servers; CentOS 4 to CentOS 4, Plesk 8.0.1 to Plesk 8.1, different hosting cos.

Want to duplicate the client, domain, site, email, ftp, mysql and similar user level files.

-- Should I upgrade the 8.0.1 server to 8.1(1) before creating site/domain backups?

-- Plesk manual is a bit vague as to where the plesk installation directory is, saying to backup (all user accunts with all users' sites with this command):

/plesk_installation_directory/bin/pleskbackup --clients <backup file name>

On the existing (source) server, there's a PSA folder here:

/root/PSA with different version folder and some files within it, but no /bin folder.

Not sure if a /bin folder should be created here within the /PSA folder or maybe the reference is to somewhere else ideally.

The target server (for the restore) has a different structure though it's the same OS and panel. It's GoDaddy, and the /root folder is locked (probably because I'm on a remote session though). Also, the site files in the GoDaddy install are in /home/<domain-username>/ while the existing install has the site files in /var/www/vhosts/<actualdomain.name>/ --so another question is will this effect the restore, and what can be done about it?

If anyone can reference any greater detail on this, would be much appreciated.

thanks.

The Plesk installation directory depends on your OS. On CentOS it's /usr/local/psa. You can find this location in /etc/psa/psa.conf: grep PRODUCT_ROOT_D /etc/psa/psa.conf

Are you sure the new server uses /home/domainusername? I have never seen that on any Plesk server.

By the way, I'd say the easiest way to migrate to your new server is to use Plesk's Migration Manager.

breun, thanks. Will try to confirm this with grep as you suggested.

Maybe the home/<domain-handle> was a mirror of some sort, but did find these file there.

Didn't want to use Migration Mngr since I didn't know if this would include server level settings beyond the user data, and am not sure if the host has things set elsewise - is this the case?

thanks.

The Migration Manager doesn't transfer server-level settings, but those are pretty easy to copy (i.e. just open the two Plesk interfaces in different browser tabs and compare). Other than that it's pretty user friendly and a quick and easy way to migrate.

Back