1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Update Catastrophe

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Janson0, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Janson0

Janson0 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded my plesk installation from v9.0.1 to v9.3 via the Plesk Panel Upgrade Icon. The report on the upgrade said the upgrade went perfectly, but I am now not able to access the panel. It says that it cannot find the server, and yet when i go to the IP address the Plesk Header is shown.

At first, several of my domains were down. I went in and updated the permissions of those folders, because apparently on the upgrade Plesk reduced the permissions to some of the virtual hosts. All my domains are up, consequently, but I cannot access the Plesk Console.

You can view my server's issue here:
    https://65.182.110.102:8443

I think it might be a permissions issue with the plesk console itself?

Please help!!
    Michael Anderson

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Seems that reason of this problem is problem with resolving:

3. Janson0

Janson0 Guest

Well,

If you just navigate to that IP address, you get the plesk default domain page.

Also, before the update the address was resolving... so I am not sure what happened to make that not resolve? I am assuming it is something that the Plesk Update changed settings wise.