• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Web interface for Yum (Atomic-Yum)

atomicturtle

Golden Pleskian
This is to announce the first 0.1 release of the atomic-yum web interface.

Atomic-Yum is a web front end for the yum package manager used on CentOS, Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The interface can install, remove, and update packages on the system, as well as view information on packages in the archive. It is currently available for CentOS5, RHEL5, Fedora 6 and 7. Versions for older installs are forthcoming.

Update: yum on RHEL4, CentOS4, Fedora Core 4 and 5 is now supported

Screenshots are here:
http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=1428

Atomic-yum can be installed from the [atomic] channel with:

yum install atomic-yum

It will automatically add itself to the Plesk interface, and is a GPLv2 licensed project. Volunteers needed!

Updated: Latest release is 0.4

GREAT ... consider me as a tester and volunteer.

As first problem

---> Package atomic-yum.noarch 0:0.1-3.f7.art set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: yum-repolist for package: atomic-yum
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: yum-repolist is needed by package atomic-yum

Hi,

On Fedora core 6 and Plesk 8.3, exactly the same message.

yum install atomic-yum
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package atomic-yum.noarch 0:0.1-3.fc6.art set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Yeah I know what that is, Ive personally only run this in CentOS4 and 5. I think on Fedora 6/7 that isn't a plugin, its a native feature. I'll get the rpm updated shortly for the fedora folks.

update: 0.1-4 is available now

Great

Only one error about sudo package.

So i get it!

Now it's ok, very useful.

Many thanks

Hi, can you help me to fix the sudo package problem?

Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package atomic-yum.noarch 0:0.1-4.el4.art set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Thank you.

NIce :)

Only one question in the gallery you have a picture call " Initial mockup"
is this what you will end up with when finish ??
Because my installation of your yum-web-gui-mockup on Centos 5.(1) & Plesk 8.3 dont look like that .

Grettings

Farsus

Thats actually a real gnome app, called yumex. I just hacked up a screenshot into what it would look like in a web interface. I have no idea if you could really do that in HTML or not.

Thank you for the info

maybe some day it look some thing like that.

Ones again thanks for this nice lil' tools

Version 0.4 is out, this updates the template and improves the formatting to be more in line with the existing PSA XP template. We could use the help if anyone wants to take a crack at merging this in with the existing PSA templating system.

Works great Scott, Thx! :) only one litle thing after the YUM update I get an browser error page?

We need to get some better process controls behind the scenes. Sometimes if a yum update takes a long time its going to time out in PHP. Thats where the backend needs to be worked on, so we can manage those threads cleanly. Plus locking... and template support... support for multiple servers... the list goes on. :p

Enterprise support is almost complete in the Yum interface. This will allow you to manage the software installs/updates for multiple Plesk or even non-plesk servers. The way it is put together right now there are no limits on the total number of servers it can support (think rows in a database). This will allow you to browse the packages installed on other systems, and see what is available to install or update.

We might be able to use this to perform backups and restores too. Its a pretty flexible system.

intentions for RHEL5 ?

This is to announce the first 0.1 release of the atomic-yum web interface.

Update: yum on RHEL4, CentOS4, Fedora Core 4 and 5 is now supported

Updated: Latest release is 0.4

Are you planning for el5 too?

Kinda, I dont have any RHEL5 systems. From what Ive seen the yum implementation on rhel5 isnt quite up to what is available in centos 5.

Back