• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk wont update to 8 due to licence key

D

DiLDoG

When I try to upgrade I get this message:

Plesk is unable to update your product license.

Server response: Software Update Service (SUS) is not found for the given license key. Automatic upgrade is not possible

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license will result in the installation of a default license with limited functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate license before continuing with the product upgrade.

Why do I have to pay for a upgrade if I pay a monthly fee to use it????
what do I have to do / pay to get 8.x ??

because the ones that are responsible for updating your lisence is your datacenter, not sw.soft itself.

i recomend you to force a rollback to 7.5.4 and wait for your datacenter to fully support 8.0.0

Im at EV1 and they told me today that not in the near future they will be giving 8.0.0 keys, so i will wait until they get the keys and are ready to deploy them into their clients servers.

regards.

yeah but I've got a dedicated server so its my own problem I guess.

how to rollback to 7.5.4 ????

Hi

i have a same problem, but how to rollback to 7.5.4,
i have access only by panel at licence submit ?

By ssy, i don't know a commande to return at 7.5.4

Thank's
fred

Originally posted by DiLDoG
yeah but I've got a dedicated server so its my own problem I guess.

no it is not, if the datacenter is the one that provides you the dedicated with the control panel installed.

do you bought your plesk lisence? no? then ask your datacenter to upgrade your lisence or wait for when they have availability for them.

Re: how to rollback to 7.5.4 ????

Originally posted by netkom
Hi

i have a same problem, but how to rollback to 7.5.4,
i have access only by panel at licence submit ?

By ssy, i don't know a commande to return at 7.5.4

Thank's
fred

which is your operating system?

depending on that

cd /usr/local/src
mkdir plesk
cd plesk
wget the plesk 7.5.4 for your os from here http://www.swsoft.com/en/download/plesk75reloaded/
tar -xzf filename.tar.gz
cd cd rpm_DISTRONAME
rpm -Uhv --force base/* opt/migration/* opt/bu/* opt/horde/* opt/mail/* opt/perl/* opt/updater/*

that should force a full rollback to 7.5.4

isnt a safe method, and im not responsible for the integrity of what happens. I can tell you i have done it plenty of times without having errors, but no machine works the same as any other so I cant guarantee it will work or not.

First of all i recommend doing FULL SYSTEM BACKUP OF YOUR SERVER BEFORE UPGRADING TO ANY NEW VERSION OF PLESK OR ROLLBACKING IT.

USE this lines I pasted here at your own risk, Im not going to be resposible for any damage it could cause to your specific system.

Regards,

Hi,

Thank's for this, i work with fedora core 1,

you have already test that ?

Thank's
fred

i have performed this actions plenty of times on rhel 3 based systems, never used other OS for plesk.

it should work, cant tell you if it will or not.

ok, but my problem is my plesk licence 7.5.4 is expired, i don't know if the installation is possible ?

Thank's
fred

Hi,

in your explication, i don't understand this line :

cd cd rpm_DISTRONAME
what's this directory ?
i go in which directory ?

rpm -Uhv --force base/* opt/migration/* opt/bu/* opt/horde/* opt/mail/* opt/perl/* opt/updater/*
what's this line do ?

Sorry for my english

Thank's
frédéric

when you download and uncompress the tar.gz of plesk it will create 3 directories, 2 for third partyes and one for the main plesk rpm's.

the rpm_DISTRONAME means that there should say your Linux distribution name

what's this line do ?

this line FORCES plesk to be installed (rollback, reinstall, to install again an oldver version over the newer not good upgraded one).

hi i have tried this method but i get this when i do the last command?

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-migration-manager = 8.0.0-fc3.build80060329.11 is needed by (install
ed) psa-backup-manager-8.0.0-fc3.build80060329.11.i586
[root@sxxxxxxxx rpm_FedoraCore_3]# psa-migration-manager = 8.0.0-fc3.build800603
29.11 is needed by (installed) psa-backup-manager-8.0.0-fc3.build80060329.11.i58

Any ideas?

I have the same dependencies problem but can't sort it out either.

I had same problem when tried ti upgrade from web. then I used shell and licens was updated to latest version

Back