1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

pleskbackup --clients does not work

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by RuthServer, May 30, 2006.

1. RuthServer

RuthServer Guest

Hi,

i just want to backup ALL clients: /pleskbackup --clients /backup ... but i became this message in shell: Required option "-list ..." is not set

Where is the problem?

2. poke

poke Guest

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --all /path/to/file/FILENAMEHERE -verbose

Run the above instead, and also make sure that your plesk BU utilities are patched!

3. RuthServer

RuthServer Guest

what does this command do -verbose? pleskbackup --full works fine but if there is a command --clients why doesn´t it work?

4. poke

poke Guest

5. RuthServer

RuthServer Guest

thx :) .. but i have all updates and --all makes his job (i hope). The question is why the --clients command wants the -list command too

6. phatPhrog

phatPhrog Guest

I use a script to backup clients using the command line
    Substitute the values with your current directory and the backup file name and directory where the client files exists if you run this manually.

You have to create a directory or files in a current directory

As with the above example, create a file called trout and put all domains in that file that client trout has:
    example.com
    example2.com
    etc....

We use this script on FC4/PSA8 and CENTOS4.2/PSA8 with no problems backing up or restoring.