• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

POP-Before SMTP "database is locked"

A

aubergine22

Hello,

i just updated Plesk from a 8.x to 9.0.
Nearly everything works, but pop-before-smtp doesnt work anymore.

The problem is a bit strange:

Jan 14 11:37:38 server1 pop3d: IMAP connect from @ [87.x.x.x]update_smtp_lock:
Unable to update smtp-lock database, smtp-lock will not work: database is locked
INFO: LOGIN, [email protected], ip=[87.x.x.x]

When i access the psa database manually with phpmyadmin i can insert and delete rows from the table "smtp_poplocks" withour any problems. So i think this is a problem in/with the courier-imap configuration.

relaylock does have the same problem:

Jan 14 12:01:37 server1 relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: Unable to delete expired smtp_poplocks: database is locked

Does anyone have an idea?

best regards

Dominik

I am having the same issue...
update_smtp_lock: Unable to prepare SQL statement, smtp-lock will not work: database is locked

????

Chuck

I wanted to add that I'm receiving this also...

I cannot be certain if this was due to the 9.0.0.2 > 9.0.1 upgrade, but I have been noticing it in the past few days only.

I also looked at the DB, removed and added lines -- there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the database.

I'm curious -- I'm running CentOS4 and MySQL 5.x -- are the other users having this problem running the stock version of MySQL or a newer one?

Same problem here... have tried switching to postfix which has its own issues (not to mention the inability to use short names for logon) ... seems that rebooting / reinstalling qmail temporarily fixes it .. but then I get:

Jan 30 18:00:01 metroplex360 relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: Unable to delete expired smtp_poplocks: database is locked

Like aubergine, I also cleared my MySQL database and the DB looks fine...

Solution!

Here's a great solution that I've found --

Simply disable the POP3-Lock Authentication method and leave SMTP Authentication checked.

I'm having no problems now whatsoever - just a slightly longer delay as the POP3-Lock Authentication method is faster.

Hopefully the SW-Soft developers will have received non-forum trouble tickets on this to where it has been noted for 9.0.2.

Sirs, thanks for reports,

Jan 14 12:01:37 server1 relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: Unable to delete expired smtp_poplocks: database is locked
Such errors in maillog are fully inessential.

update_smtp_lock: Unable to prepare SQL statement, smtp-lock will not work: database is locked
This error means that "smtp after pop authorization" will not work for exactly this pop3 session, but not for all pop3 sessions.

The bug will be fixed in future releases.

Back