• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pop3

E

ebarratt

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I just purhcased a server from godaddy a few weeks ago, it's running win2003 with mail enable and plesk 7.5.5 i believe. I have setup sub domains and created mail accounts in a few of them. The problem I'm encountering is checking email via a mail client. I have both incoming and outgoing set properly with outgoing set for authorization and all that. I keep geting a password is incorrect with the incoming mail servers though. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks to anyone who might have gone through this nightmare and can help me.

Errol

thanks

Yeah that doesn't seem to work. I can send outgoing mail I use [email protected] as the username and the password is the password I used. Outlook gives me an authentication error. It finds the mail.mygooglespace.com but it just doesn't let me log in. It's my first mail account so should i be enabling something in IIS or mailenable to get pop authentication working for mail clients? Thanks for the previous reply.

Errol

I found out the problem but still need assistance

I figured it out kinda. I created an email account under the domain mygooglespace.com mail account was [email protected] but the issue seems that the pop3 incoming mail is only accepting the password of the domain administrator. For instance, the domain client for mygooglespace username is ebarratt and has a password. The email account i setup is [email protected] with a different password. The incoming mail is only supporting for [email protected] the password of ebarratt the main client. any suggestions

Errol

Back